[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thomas96 Guest
    Everyone on these Supremes threads act like children. It's an internet forum and people are getting worked up and upset. I don't get it.

supremester Guest
    I don't think anyone is worked up, it's just so silly. Mary KNOWS full well that Cindy cannot do a show. The rest is all pretense and BS. Cindy has not been well for quite a while. Even RTL would have been taxing and, perhaps, iffy. I don't want to go into things said in confidence, but it's been unlikely for years that a DMC reunion would be able to take place. It's sad, but it is a fact. For Mary to be playing the reunion card is annoying and as genuine as her CD coming out in a few weeks/months for 12 years, but it looks good in interviews to be able to say, "I'm ready, it's up to Diane."

Hey Marv and others,he's just trying to get a reaction,let's not give in,he knows what will pisss people off,let him have it,and let him post all he want's,again he's doing it to debate,about b.s lmao
    Last edited by REDHOT; 04-20-2014 at 11:47 AM.

supremester Guest
    If the truth pisses people off, then get wet. Mary KNOWS Cindy cannot perform. Why pretend?

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Hey Marv and others,he's just trying to get a reaction,let not give in,he knows what will pisss people off,let him have it,and let him post,again he's doing it to debate,about b.s lmao
    I hear you. Besides, Duke Fakir has a right to express his opinion since it is his opinion that is the main subject of this thread.

Cindy is definitely unable to perform which means it would lean to Lynda to fill in..............no wait............... Diana and Lynda were never in the group at the same time so that can't happen unless you count RTL. So game over !!!!

supremester Guest
    I do count RTL, but, I agree, game over.

I wonder what thought waves wafting through the ether would lead both Otis and Duke to "predict" a reunion. Hmmmmmm........ they must hang with Miss Ross a lot more than I thought to have opinions like that. I'm glad they are buds! Maybe THEY will do a reunion. Diana Ross & Her Temptin' Tops......... I like the sound of that. They could do Mas Que Nada!!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I do count RTL, but, I agree, game over.

I wonder what thought waves wafting through the ether would lead both Otis and Duke to "predict" a reunion. Hmmmmmm........ they must hang with Miss Ross a lot more than I thought to have opinions like that. I'm glad they are buds! Maybe THEY will do a reunion. Diana Ross & Her Temptin' Tops......... I like the sound of that. They could do Mas Que Nada!!
    Mary Wilson currently performs "Mas Que Nada" in her ?"Up Close" concerts. She recorded it live for her live Jazz CD in 2007.

The real issue is that it doesn't matter what CD Mary recorded because none of them have sold like even the most minor Supremes hit lead by Diana did; Mary's concerts are small and basically go unnoticed other than in the publicity Marv tries to drum up for her on SD.

Without a reunion, pumped by Duke or not, there isn't much of a career. Small chats to students, appearances on a bill of oldies performers, bit parts in a movie, appearing at a retirement home ~ all great to keep a 70 year busy, particularly one who needs some money. But utter lights years from the years with Diana.

But in terms of any buzz and excitement ~ she still needs Diana just like she did for a loan in the 70's, like she did in the 60's to have hits and like she did in the 80's for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The real issue is that it doesn't matter what CD Mary recorded because none of them have sold like even the most minor Supremes hit lead by Diana did; Mary's concerts are small and basically go unnoticed other than in the publicity Marv tries to drum up for her on SD.

Without a reunion, pumped by Duke or not, there isn't much of a career. Small chats to students, appearances on a bill of oldies performers, bit parts in a movie, appearing at a retirement home ~ all great to keep a 70 year busy, particularly one who needs some money. But utter lights years from the years with Diana.

But in terms of any buzz and excitement ~ she still needs Diana just like she did for a loan in the 70's, like she did in the 60's to have hits and like she did in the 80's for attention.
    and don't forget HUGE Holiday Spectaculars, International tours, headling at the Jamaica Jazz Festival and the Kentucky Derby Gala. Those are just some Mary Wilson's career highlights over the last several months. One day I might have time to educate you about Mary's tremendous 54 year career that is still flourishing to this very day.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    and don't forget HUGE Holiday Spectaculars, International tours, headling at the Jamaica Jazz Festival and the Kentucky Derby Gala. Those are just some Mary Wilson's career highlights over the last several months. One day I might have time to educate you about Mary's tremendous 54 year career that is still flourishing to this very day.
    I'm a numbers gal by trade which is why I have such a quick recall when it comes to song durations, tickets sold, recording dates.

Do you have any figures with regards to Mary's career that you could share that might help us understand? I'm quite serious. I'd like to know just how HUGE these Holiday Spectaculars were in terms of ticket sales, capacity, etc. I'm pretty aware of her releases and chart history as a solo artist but I'm just curious as to how ticket sales are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'm a numbers gal by trade which is why I have such a quick recall when it comes to song durations, tickets sold, recording dates.

Do you have any figures with regards to Mary's career that you could share that might help us understand? I'm quite serious. I'd like to know just how HUGE these Holiday Spectaculars were in terms of ticket sales, capacity, etc. I'm pretty aware of her releases and chart history as a solo artist but I'm just curious as to how ticket sales are these days.
    Oops; he just walked into Lulu's Door; yesterday he got clobbered by Brad's Door. Poor Marv, head lumps and all.