[REMOVE ADS]

A Black man can't get equal justice...

This: Chris Brown...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Now, why aren't they dealing with Justin Beiber this way? I know that Brown has gotten many breaks over the years, but...federal marshals transporting him in chains for an assault trial?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    This: Chris Brown...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Now, why aren't they dealing with Justin Beiber this way?

Discuss.
    When you start a thread in this way, soulster, it looks like you're ordering people to talk
    about the topic you feel so strongly about. Which is probably why some don't. But hey,
    I'll throw you a bone....I don't recall Justin Beiber beating a woman up even close to as
    viciously as Chris Brown did Rihana so I'll throw that comparison in the trash from jump.
    Second, with the way he acts and the history he has I don't give a red river otter booty
    who does what to Chris Brown. Sorry, you picked the wrong cat to defend against racial
    injustice for me...

I co-sign on splanky's comments. Chris Brown was sentenced to rehab and told that he would get his probation revoked if he failed to complete it. He managed to be thrown out. Given his long and sorry inability to keep his record clean since his conviction, I'm not sure why he was let out of the county, let alone allowed to go cross-country. Justin Bieber needs his ass beat, but unless I'm confused about it, I don't think he has any felony convictions yet. Give him time. But to me, it seems like Chris Brown has been given many breaks that I couldn't expect in a similar situation.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 04-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.

These punks need to learn that they are not above the same laws that we must obey, i would've locked both their dumb asses up.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    When you start a thread in this way, soulster, it looks like you're ordering people to talk about the topic you feel so strongly about. Which is probably why some don't.
    Maybe you guys think that way on this forum, maybe. I've never understood or gotten used to the culture around here. I'm admittedly used to other forums where people don't get offended by the use of the word "discuss".

But hey, I'll throw you a bone....
    Oh, gee! Thanks...I think...

I don't recall Justin Beiber beating a woman up even close to as viciously as Chris Brown did Rihana so I'll throw that comparison in the trash from jump.
    The comparison is still valid. Beiber has physically assaulted at least two other people. And, we don't know what happened between Beiber and Selena Gomez. No one is talking. Granted, he didn't beat a woman as viciously as other men, but do you really want to say that hitting a man isn't as bad as hitting a woman?

Second, with the way he acts and the history he has I don't give a red river otter booty who does what to Chris Brown.
    I'm not defender of Brown, i'm pointing out the differences in the way justice is carried out here, and perhaps it is because of Brown's skin color. Just because you/we have bad feelings toward Chris Brown doesn't mean that we can not care how he is treated in the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    These punks need to learn that they are not above the same laws that we must obey, i would've locked both their dumb asses up.
    Agreed. But, why hasn't Beiber been locked up for hes repeated contempt of court and assault in two countries? What about his DUI's? He's still running free. Brown is in chains.

Do you guys not see the unevenness in justice, here?

I don't for one simple reason: Chris Brown has been afforded a much greater level of leniency than I would have been given. He has had multiple assaults AFTER his conviction that he has not had to answer to. If that was you or me and we spit on the sidewalk after a felony conviction, we'd serve the rest of our time. So, whether he is viewed any differently by law than Justin Bieber seems kind of a moot point when he's treated with kid gloves due to celebrity.

Now, Bieber does get away with way too much. It irritates me that he not only hasn't had to answer in court for any of his alledged crime [[they call it "bad behavior" on the celebrity gossip shows; sounds less serious, doesn't it?), but his indiscretions are treated as a joke. Much to the chagrin of the people that he has spit on, let alone those whose children had to watch out as he drives 60 MPH down residential streets and the man whose house was egged, resulting in thousands of dollars in damage.

And one of the "Entertainment Tonight" anchors suggested that people stop piling on him. Personally, I honestly believe that he is developmentally challenged and that he has handlers that keep this from becoming widely known. They're not doing him any favors. Just once, I'd like to see what happens to tough guy Justin when he pulls that bullshit without his bodyguards around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I don't for one simple reason: Chris Brown has been afforded a much greater level of leniency than I would have been given. He has had multiple assaults AFTER his conviction that he has not had to answer to. If that was you or me and we spit on the sidewalk after a felony conviction, we'd serve the rest of our time. So, whether he is viewed any differently by law than Justin Bieber seems kind of a moot point when he's treated with kid gloves due to celebrity.

Now, Bieber does get away with way too much. It irritates me that he not only hasn't had to answer in court for any of his alledged crime [[they call it "bad behavior" on the celebrity gossip shows; sounds less serious, doesn't it?), but his indiscretions are treated as a joke. Much to the chagrin of the people that he has spit on, let alone those whose children had to watch out as he drives 60 MPH down residential streets and the man whose house was egged, resulting in thousands of dollars in damage.

And one of the "Entertainment Tonight" anchors suggested that people stop piling on him. Personally, I honestly believe that he is developmentally challenged and that he has handlers that keep this from becoming widely known. They're not doing him any favors. Just once, I'd like to see what happens to tough guy Justin when he pulls that bullshit without his bodyguards around.
    You all totally missed the point of my initial post.

You mean to tell me that you approve of unequal justice just because you don't like the perp? My point is that both should be treated equally and fairly. Don't let Beiber's physical statue and age fool you. He could have killed a lot of people. Yet, you don't care that he's still running free and Chris Brown isn't, despite his chances. And, Beiber doesn't have a Rihanna that keeps running back to him. Nor, is he even a U.S. citizen!

I don't know how you think I was not agreeing with you, but for the most part, I was. Read it again. What I said, in short, was that it is bullshit that Bieber skates justice. However, to compare him to a punk who has gotten away with a lot is not the stand to take if you are seeking sympathetic minds. Both of them deserve worse than they have received. It appears that you are suggesting that Brown should receive a slap on the wrist because Bieber did. I will counter that by saying that Bieber deserves incarceration just as Brown received.

smark21 Guest
    Chris Brown has been convicted of a crime and has a record and now he's a repeat offender up on further charges. Bieber has yet to be convicted of anything. Perhaps your argument would be stronger if you compared Brown to a white celebrity with a similar criminal record. Question for you: Do you think Brown should be treated as he is right now, or should be treated with more leniency?

Greetings,
    I think I asked this before.
    I did not get an answer. What ever happened to the fella that punched Snooky in the mouth
    On national television. And if I'm not mistaken, Wendy Williams sponsored a tour of the Jersey Shore with the cast to the bar where this happened. Can someone fill me in on what happened with that. Both were wrong, but this happened for all to see????????
    Ceasar

It appears that you are suggesting that Brown should receive a slap on the wrist because Bieber did.
    Hardly! I'm saying Beiber should be put in chains too. I'm also suggesting that the law will deal more harshly with a Black man, even if a White man is shown to be equally violent.

Smark, the very fact that Beiber hasn't been convicted of anything says a lot!

Beiber has not been convicted is right. Some one should pull down his little pamper and spank his little bottom before he really does something big.Ever heard that saying. don't write a check' that your a// can't cash,
    Ceasar

Hardly! I'm saying Beiber should be put in chains too. I'm also suggesting that the law will deal more harshly with a Black man, even if a White man is shown to be equally violent.

Smark, the very fact that Beiber hasn't been convicted of anything says a lot!
    Bieber belongs in jail; I've said that. He needs a trial first, though. Brown belongs in jail as well. I still say that he's been treated with kid gloves. Whatever punishment and humiliation he is enduring now was avoidable because all he had to do to remain out of chains is to keep his nose clean but he is too stupid to do that. Dude needs serious mental evaluation.

I still submit that Bieber is mentally slow. Being photogenic and somewhat talented has led to him finding lightning in a bottle and that's not good for everybody. Now, his dad and his entourage have horned their way into his good graces and he thinks that he's a thug. He needs to be treated like a thug but you know that he will eventually have a trial and any sentence imposed will essentially be three days in segregated confinement. He wouldn't last two minutes in the general population, but that's probably all that will set him straight.

I'm not defender of Brown, i'm pointing out the differences in the way justice is carried out here, and perhaps it is because of Brown's skin color. Just because you/we have bad feelings toward Chris Brown doesn't mean that we can not care how he is treated in the legal system.
    The way you titled this thread and the fact that you circled in this idiot contrasts your
    statement. You are defending him.You do care about him. I don't.If it's a question of
    being concerned about a fellow member of my race I can find a number of other brothers
    in crisis I'd be more willing to defend. And they're not spoiled celebrity brats....

Justin Bieber has been arrested but to the best of my knowledge he hasnt been convictted yet but if he is hes just as bad as Chrios Brown and deserve the same treatment. Beiber shouldt also be deported imo.

Brown has a list of vilolent behavior the length of my leg.

Brown was charged with assault and making criminal threats after beating Rhianna to the point of her ending up in hospital. Brown plead guilty to a felony and accepted a plea deal of community labor, five years' formal probation, and domestic violence counselin.

Brown became violent in his dressing room during a commercial break before his second performance of Good Morning America and threw an object at a window overlooking causing damage to the window.

Brown was involved in an altercation with a man over a parking space, outside a recording studio in West Hollywood. Brown punch the man in the face and the man said he would not press charges.

Brown was arrested for felony assault in DC when two women wanted to take a picture with Brown. Two men saw Brown and attempted to jump in the photo with them. Brown then allegedly said, "I’m not into this gay shit.After the assault, Brown spent 36 hours in a Washington jail and was taken to court in shackles. Brown was then released and ordered to report to his California probation officer within 48 hours. The probation officer will prepare a report for the Los Angeles judge, who could order him to complete as many as four years in prison for the beating of Rihanna if he is found in violation of his probation. Brown then entered rehab in LA but was kicked out for violent behavior agian. at a probation status hearing, Brown was sentenced to 90 days at an anger management rehab facility. He have to submit to drug testing.fter Brown completed his 90 days, the judge ordered him to remain a resident at the Malibu treatment facility until a hearing on April 23, 2014. The deal was if Brown left rehab, he would go directly to jail. On March 14, 2014, Brown was kicked out of the rehab facility and sent to jail for violating internal rules at the rehab clinic.

Id say Brown has been treated real well in the legal system considering hes a spoilt angry violent celebriity who think hes above the law. If we had done all the stuff Chris Brown has done wed be sitting in a federal penitenntiary and thats a fact.

I cant staand any man who beat a woman and I cant stand Beiber either but to say Chris Brown isnt getting treated fairly he certainly is imo.

Roberta

Where's Judge Wopner when you need him?

edafan

Bieber belongs in jail; I've said that. He needs a trial first, though. Brown belongs in jail as well. I still say that he's been treated with kid gloves. Whatever punishment and humiliation he is enduring now was avoidable because all he had to do to remain out of chains is to keep his nose clean but he is too stupid to do that. Dude needs serious mental evaluation.
    I would not say Brown is stupid, but he has had lots of mental evaluation. Maybe he was abused or molested as a child, or saw constant violence against his mother as a kid. That alone will mess you up. His father was a corrections officer at a prison, so maybe there's something there. Maybe he was dropped on the head when he was small. Who knows. Some people are just wired violent. Maybe he is showing signs of mental illness.

I will also say that our system doesn't deal with violent people very well.. We would really rather just throw them in jail or prison and not really deal with it. Obviously, at the very least, Brown, actually both men, have a lack of impulse control.

Brown's problems all initially revolved around his assaulting Rihanna in his car. The court also imposed a restraining order against him afterward. He's not supposed to be anywhere near her. But, the two just can't stay away from each other. If anyone needs help, it's her, and that fact comes out in her music. But, the court seems to have overlooked that and is concentrating on his parole violations.

Beiber just needs some guy named Tiny in a jail cell to show him "The Pokey".
    Last edited by soulster; 04-07-2014 at 10:12 PM.