[REMOVE ADS]

Toni Braxton to Star as Darlene Love in OWN Biopic

Who do you think should play Darlene?

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/toni...ic-1201152109/

She does resemble her a little. This is cool! I wonder if they'll have her sing Darlene's songs or lip to her vocals...

smark21 Guest
    Isn't Toni Braxton a bit too old to be playing the young Darlene Love of the 60s? Or is Braxton playing the older Darlene Love?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Isn't Toni Braxton a bit too old to be playing the young Darlene Love of the 60s? Or is Braxton playing the older Darlene Love?
    I think it will work. Toni has a youthful look and besides all those girl-groups looked so much older in the 60's

I can definitely see it Name:  darlene-love.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  7.6 KBName:  Toni Braxton - More Than A Woman.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  38.0 KB

Darlene Braxton Love
    Name:  Toni-Darlene.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  17.6 KB
    Last edited by brother_love; 04-04-2014 at 04:16 PM.

She is too old to play Darlene for most of her life during the peak of her career.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is too old to play Darlene for most of her life during the peak of her career.
    For once, Marv and I are in agreement. I grew up on Darlene and grooved to Toni in the 90s. I don't see any similarities here and, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Toni also briefly associated with the "Aretha" biopic that we keep hearing about every few years? I know she also name dropped Halle Berry but c'mon...pick an unknown for both of these parts and let them shine!

Lulu Guest
    ALSO: I think Darlene deserves better. This is the same OWN that gave us Lindsay and the God awful Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots​...