[REMOVE ADS]

Rip legendary house music dj/producer frankie knuckles

This is sad news indeed, he certainly created some of the best music that was around in the late 1980s and the early 1990s.
    This is one of my favourites .. a groovy instrumental called "The Whistle Song" ...

RIP FRANKIE KNUCKLES.

Roger

Sad news,i had been hearnin' he was sick,Frankie Knuckles,may be from New York,but he will always be Chicago finest,R.I.P Frankie Knuckles,THE KING OF HOUSE MUSIC.

I could not believe it when I heard it on the radio this morning. He was only 59! Big loss! RIP Frankie and thanks man.

Marv

Nice two page spread about Mr. Knuckles in today's Chicago Sun-Times. You don't see a two page spread obit every day. Also had him on the front page. I've seen much bigger names in the entertainment world pass away but no front page lead.
    Last edited by mr_june; 04-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.

They did a bio piece on Frankie last night on the CBC's "The National" with Peter Mansbridge.

I've never been into house music. But regardless, his passing represents a significant loss. R.I.P..

I attended his birthday party in Chicago this past January. He had been suffering from complications from diabetes. He didn't play but Louie Vega and David Morales spinned and the party stayed on 10 the entire night

I,too, have never been a big fan of House Music but I liked some of the things Frankie
    and Louie Vega did. The flute on the Whistle song is the highest level of creativity I've
    heard in the genre I must say. I have only one House cd in my entire music collection, a
    gift given to me by a DJ associate. I'm sure there's some of Knuckles stuff on it though I've
    only listened to it one time. Anyway, RIP, Frankie...

Lulu Guest
    Frankie did some nice work remixing Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. This one happens to be my favorite. Enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Frankie did some nice work remixing Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. This one happens to be my favorite. Enjoy:

Thanx for posting Lulu, I've never heard that mix but really like it. Frankie had a certain sophistication with his remixes. I do love house music. Wouldn't exactly call myself a house head [[well some times) but I'm a runner and I only listen to house and classic disco when running

Yesterday Your Love entered the UK top 30 at 23!