[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Johnny,
    Andy did reveal on your show that Harry, George & he had pitched a Diana Ross live box set- but it was not to be.

I missed that by a mile...thanks Carole!!!

We hope for that live box set, Andy keep pitching that one. And thanks everyone for listening.

Glen,
    it appears that your mom was somewhat camera-shy. My mom was too. You can tell by the way they try to hide behind someone.
    Carole, that's my Grandma in that picture. She had to sit patiently in the car a lot growing up while i dug in record and thrift stores for all things Motown! She did love the Touch Me In The Morning album....

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    hello John to everyone, Baltimore here

Howdy David!!!! Baltimore!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Carole, that's my Grandma in that picture. She had to sit patiently in the car a lot growing up while i dug in record and thrift stores for all things Motown! She did love the Touch Me In The Morning album....
    Then that must be she & your grandpa/grandpap in the photo on the top of the bookcase.

And she has great taste!

Oh my goodness... you've just revealed your secret identity. If you were smiling so excitedly because of the small wrapped present which you say you knew to be the cassette version of Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Diana Ross, you must have x-ray vision.
    So using it now, tell us what Johnny is wearing in the studio.
    [[Blush)...........................

Hmmh... Diana complained about Marvin's smoking marijuana around her [[as she was pregnant)at the time of recording their [[pardon the pun, groan) joint album... then Sophisticated Soul theorizes that Diana was smoking marijuana for medical purposes on the cover of Ross 78.... do we see a trend here?......

Why is this small boy so excited at his 7th birthday? Because if you stare closely there is a small cassette wrapped on the table by his birthday cake to go with his new tape player. What was that tape? Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Diana Ross, which was my first DR album and led to a lifetime love of her voice and all the Supremes....Attachment 8023

What a cute kid.....

Lulu Guest
    Hi Johnny! LULU here in New York! [[**goes back to dancing to Le-Lo-Li)

I loved Le Lo Li from the moment I heard it on the Diana Ross expanded edition. .

Lulu Guest
    I loved Le Lo Li from the moment I heard it on the Diana Ross expanded edition. .
    And now..."Confide In Me"...amazing vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Hi Johnny! LULU here in New York! [[**goes back to dancing to Le-Lo-Li)

Lulu....wonderful to see you here with us...and in NYC!!! And Li Lo Li backatcha!!

Confide In Me is such a gorgeous song. Has Melissa Manchester [[who wrote it) ever released a version of it?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Lulu....wonderful to see you here with us...and in NYC!!! And Li Lo Li backatcha!!
    Thanks! Only here for a short time and back to MI tomorrow - I agree with what you said about leaving NYC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Thanks! Only here for a short time and back to MI tomorrow - I agree with what you said about leaving NYC!!!

Safe trip from and to 2 amazing cities!!!!!

supremester Guest
    David & John - thank you for bringing this celebration to life in such a perfect way- just for Just Say, Just Say and that ad for The Diana Ross Show. I honor you both!

Gregg
    [[and Michael)

Lulu Guest
    Safe trip from and to 2 amazing cities!!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    David & John - thank you for bringing this celebration to life in such a perfect way- just for Just Say, Just Say and that ad for The Diana Ross Show. I honor you both!

Gregg
    [[and Michael)

Gregg and Michael.....Thank you both....David's done 2 wonderful shows....

Hmmh... Diana complained about Marvin's smoking marijuana around her [[as she was pregnant)at the time of recording their [[pardon the pun, groan) joint album... then Sophisticated Soul theorizes that Diana was smoking marijuana for medical purposes on the cover of Ross 78.... do we see a trend here?......
    I would really love to pass the pipe with Miss Ross!!! That would be something!! LOL!!!!!!!

Confide In Me is such a gorgeous song. Has Melissa Manchester [[who wrote it) ever released a version of it?
    I don't believe so- I did an internet search & nothing is saying that she did. Unless it is vaulted and not yet released.

Lulu Guest
    I don't believe so- I did an internet search & nothing is saying that she did. Unless it is vaulted and not yet released.
    I know I've heard it by someone else...help!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I would really love to pass the pipe with Miss Ross!!! That would be something!! LOL!!!!!!!
    I think that Diana's peace pipe should be passed around to some of the more combative posters here who are constantly dogging Diana or any of the Supremes.

John and David thank you so much for this beautiful show. I am truly enjoying it.

Ahh, Steely Diana!

its taken me years to get into this Ross 83 album but it really has started to click with me recently....

Is the extended version of "I ain't been licked" that was played from the Diana Deluxe double CD?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    John and David thank you so much for this beautiful show. I am truly enjoying it.

Thank you so much, Victor!!!

"Thank you, Andy, for calling in".....Johnny, I thought that you couldn't talk on the phone and to us.
    Now we know who's been smoking Diana's medicinal peace pipe.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Is the extended version of "I ain't been licked" that was played from the Diana Deluxe double CD?

Yes!!!! It is so exhilarating...such a favorite! Thanks for including it, David!

That's How you Start Over is Steely Dan does DR. On Ross 83 they produced I believe three tracks. Some of my favorite stuff of her 80's stuff. In my opinion an underrated album because RCA didn't capitalize on the Steely Dan productions and Pieces of Ice was released.

"Thank you, Andy, for calling in".....Johnny, I thought that you couldn't talk on the phone and to us.
    Now we know who's been smoking Diana's medicinal peace pipe.... LOL
    Carole......thanks for your sweetness....[[*smile)....

Yes!!!! It is so exhilarating...such a favorite! Thanks for including it, David!
    Yes it really sounded great tonight. I will have to dig out my cd and play it after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    That's How you Start Over is Steely Dan does DR. On Ross 83 they produced I believe three tracks. Some of my favorite stuff of her 80's stuff. In my opinion an underrated album because RCA didn't capitalize on the Steely Dan productions and Pieces of Ice was released.
    I totally agree, David...RCA really missed promoting some great tracks by Diana...

Ahh, Steely Diana!

its taken me years to get into this Ross 83 album but it really has started to click with me recently....
    Yes....such a great album....even though on the cover she looks like a puttana!

Lulu Guest
    I totally agree, David...RCA really missed promoting some great tracks by Diana...
    We need some RCA expanded albums - I wonder if there is a trove of treasures we've never heard!

Ross '83 is my favorite Ross album on RCA. I especially love the 12 inch of "Pieces of Ice" as well as "Up Front" and "Love or Loneliness". Side A is my favorite, love the vocals, love the music, love the work.

Yes....such a great album....even though on the cover she looks like a puttana!
    puttana... Good thing Miss Roberta isn't listening , or you, Johnny, would get a tongue lashing and some Scripture to boot .

I might have to pull out my Workin' Overtime LP this week thanks to This House since It gets played undertime by me although I loved it back in 89 when it came out!

puttana... Good thing Miss Roberta isn't listening , or you, Johnny, would get a tongue lashing and some Scripture to boot .

I only enjoy my tongue lashings with Scripture...preferably Old Testament...

There isn't much Italian in the Old Testament... but if we shifted to the New, we could find something in Romans.

Paradise was a great Shep Pettibone 12" remix wanted to include it but a live Wembley version fit better

Love Dont Stop! Actually the whole Take Me Higher album is probably her best work of the last 20 years.....

John, listening to this evening Diana Ross Tribute has been "Paradise." There is a real foundation of love being sent out here on the airwaves and I sure hope Diana can feel the love vibe going out to her! Name:  DSCF5398.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  45.4 KB

Don't Stop an unreleased US version. Bought the European CD in Paris with the extra tracks

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John, listening to this evening Diana Ross Tribute has been "Paradise." There is a real foundation of love being sent out here on the airwaves and I sure hope Diana can feel the love vibe going out to her! Name:  DSCF5398.jpg
    I think "The Boss" and "diana" and "Why Do Fools" are more "escandalo" covers than "Ross" but that's just me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Mark....yes...you can feel David's love in the tracks that he chose to celebrate Diana's birth anniversary. And of course, you and all the folks here that are listening and sharing multiply that love....

Kayla had every right to think her long lost mom Olivia upstaged her after Olivia tore into Carry On in Double Platinum!

Folks....thanks for sharing this celebration in honor of Diana's 70th! David....thanks for putting together such a lovely tribute. Stop by next week for my annual Dusty Day tribute....2 weeks of Dusty...apart from Diana...what could be better [[*smile)!

Loved the Double Diana and looking forward to the Double Dusty!

What could be better... well, how about Andy giving you/us the previously unreleased version of Up the Ladder To the Roof to tide us over. [[*double smile)!