[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Records Newspaper Article from Ottawa, Canada circa 1965

Last summer I dug through old Ottawa Journal & Ottawa Citizen newspaper files to share how The Supremes were perceived while performing at the annual summer fair. Sandy Gardiner, the teen music reporter for The Ottawa Journal, who incidentally is credited with coining the term "Beatlemania" as his blurb on the front cover of Canadian edition of "Meet The Beatles" is recognized as the first person to utter that phrase, went to Detroit in the summer of 1965 and wrote these two articles which I share with you. Evidently Florence was ill and was not able to join Diana and Mary for this interview.

Enjoy!Name:  Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 3.42.36 PM.jpg
Views: 5408
Size:  106.4 KBName:  Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 3.36.25 PM.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  60.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 3.36.34 PM.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  65.7 KB

Quite revealing!
    The first article does say that Florence had the mumps. Excuse or reality?
    Their most recent single "Back In YOUR Arms Again"
    And their next "Help, Help"! When Berry was told that the Beatles next single was going to be "Help" he said he would change the Supremes' song title to "Help, Help Me Mother. Hmmmmh.......