[REMOVE ADS]

Three Ounces of Love

Does anyone know whatever happened to Three Ounces of Love? I know they went on to record for Ian Levine and Rick Giantano....then, disappeared. I believe they were from Detroit and had one LP on Motown.

If anyone knows what happened to them they don't appear to have uploaded that info to
    the web. I had completely forgotten about them til I saw Star Love on youtube. If they
    went to Ian Levine obviously their careers went south at some point...

honest man Guest
    was there some connection to The Weather Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    If anyone knows what happened to them they don't appear to have uploaded that info to
    the web. I had completely forgotten about them til I saw Star Love on youtube. If they
    went to Ian Levine obviously their careers went south at some point...
    it would be very interesting to know if they did further their careers, i thought they were fantastic vocalists, i actually got the 1st self titled album from 1978 with "More than a feeling" on it, and looking at the credits I see it was engineered by Russ Terrana. A great shame if not employed in some music capacity nowadays

sorry that track should have been 'in the middle of a feeling', apologies to the group Boston but it aint a patch Mckinley Jacksons arrangements

Steve w, great track.... composers Brian Holland, Eddie Holland and Harold Beatty..... produced Brian Holland... arrangements by the incredibly gifted McKinley Jackson.

By the way, this group was introduced to Motown and managed by The Commodores' company, Commodore Entertainment Corporation
    http://www.soulmusic.com/index.asp?S=3&T=3&ART=2941
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 05-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    was there some connection to The Weather Girls.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  21.1 KB
    The THIN group alternative to "The Two Tons of Fun"! Sort of like having The Primettes as the female alternative to The Primes, and The Parlettes as the female alter-egos of The Parliaments???

Weren't New Jersey's Soul Sisters also "Two Tons of Love"? But it wasn't it Two Tons of Fun" who later became The Weather Girls?

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 297

Weren't New Jersey's Soul Sisters also "Two Tons of Love"? But it wasn't it Two Tons of Fun" who later became The Weather Girls?
    Two Tons Of Fun were indeed the Weather Girls.

The Soul Sisters who recorded for Guyden and Sue were Theresa Cleveland and Ann Gissendanner. Not sure who were the Two Tons Of Love but according to the comments on YT one of the members was "Lydia." "Brown And Beautiful" was a nice tune; I hear a male lead vocal. They most likely were a male/female duet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16MD2FM5GM

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Two Tons Of Fun were indeed the Weather Girls.

The Soul Sisters who recorded for Guyden and Sue were Theresa Cleveland and Ann Gissendanner. Not sure who were the Two Tons Of Love but according to the comments on YT one of the members was "Lydia." "Brown And Beautiful" was a nice tune; I hear a male lead vocal. They most likely were a male/female duet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16MD2FM5GM
Views: 251
    I was thinking of the duet who sang for Juggy Murray's Sue Records.