[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I agree 10000000000% I have my differences with Mary for sure - but, that does not cloud my objectivity. None of The Supremes got their share. They didn't. While it's true that all record companies did these practices, none of these record companies had THE SUPREMES. None of them generated a fraction of the income DR&TS did - and for them each to get 100k in 1970 is criminal. I've said this before and I'll keep on saying it, Mary should not have to work or even be concerned with money. DR&TS played here twice in 1967. Tickets were an outrageous and record high $4,5,6. Seating 13,500 x $5.00 = $67,500. That's one gig. They worked most nights. Where da money??????? With shrewd, independent counsel, DMF/C would have netted 50 times that 100k.
    Absolutely! What's also sad is the fact Mary or any of the ladies have to pay to use a photo of the group from one of their photo sessions in the 60's/70's from a place like the Michael Ochs archives. The group paid for those photo sessions. Mary, Diana, Cindy, Jean, etc. should have free access to use any photo from any of the photo sessions the group paid for.

supremester Guest
    I didn't know that, but that's the deal that was struck. I'm sure no one asked DMC if they minded flying Chris Clark around and picking up the tab for her suites while she provided an outlet for their manager who took 25% off the top, then ITM, then Shelly, THEN expenses, then zero accountability for the least important disbursement: talent.

I just read on Facebook that someone is remixing a new single of Mary. I believe the song title is "It's Time to Move On".

Name:  10168911_10203385204929273_1608850607_n.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  74.5 KB

I hope posting this picture doesn't violate SDF rules. It was posted and shared on Facebook; if it needs to be removed, I respectfully apologize.

And can we ignore the fact that this gentelman posted that Mary had 12 #1's in a year? LOL.

"Keep On Movin" aka "Time To Move On" was a limited edition 12" vinyl single that Mary released in 2000. Leee John [[of Imagination) was one of the producers. It is listed on her wiki discography. So not new and unrelated to the long overdue album. Still it will be nice to have a remix.

Lulu Guest
    I'd love a full album. I bought "Life's Been Good To Me" on iTunes when it came out and jammed all afternoon to it while I was in Macy*s!

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'd love a full album. I bought "Life's Been Good To Me" on iTunes when it came out and jammed all afternoon to it while I was in Macy*s!
    I'll have to check it out. I always liked Mary Wilson. What did you get at Macy*s?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    I'll have to check it out. I always liked Mary Wilson. What did you get at Macy*s?
    Hehe just some moisturizer, dear! Unlike Mary, I don't have that naturally glowing skin so I have to keep up my regimen!!!

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Hehe just some moisturizer, dear! Unlike Mary, I don't have that naturally glowing skin so I have to keep up my regimen!!!
    She does look stunning. I always thought she was the prettiest of the original Supremes. That one girl who wasn't in the group long, Linda was very pretty too. I think Diana Ross was cute when she was young, in sort of goofy sort of way. But got more beautiful as she aged.

smark21 Guest
    Too bad they no longer have flip sides--Time to Move on and Don't Get Mad, Get Even would pair up well on a release.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    She does look stunning. I always thought she was the prettiest of the original Supremes. That one girl who wasn't in the group long, Linda was very pretty too. I think Diana Ross was cute when she was young, in sort of goofy sort of way. But got more beautiful as she aged.
    Mary was and is GORGEOUS as were Flo and Cindy...frankly all of the Supremes were knock outs IMHO. I never had many "curves" and was quite a beanpole/stick until my late 20s so I did tend to gravitate towards Diana. Diana also had this can't-put-my-finger-on-it way about her back then. I hadn't seen any Twiggy looking black women on television as we were used to [[in my house at least) Ella, Billie, Etta, Dinah, Sarah, Ruth Brown. It was Diana's frame, Tina's legs and the pure elegance of Diahann Carroll that provided a different "look" for me!!!