[REMOVE ADS]

UPDATE on Florence Ballard movie "Blondie"

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

October 18, 2013 at 8:46 am
    Society confidential: From tinseltown to the slammer

It turns out the back story on that long-promised movie based upon the tragic life of former Supreme Florence Ballard could be a movie on its own — a film noir. In 2010, an Atlanta-based woman, Karen Spencer, said she’d optioned Peter Benjaminson’s book on Flo, “The Lost Supreme.” The movie would be shot at Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studio, with Martha Coolidge directing and R&B singer Faith Evans playing Flo. Spencer gave interviews and even sent photos of herself to news organizations. Benjaminson was to be a consultant on the film [[Flo’s daughters were involved as well).

Then Spencer suddenly dropped out of sight. It turns out, her real name is Jami McCoy, 35, and she was on the lam following a 2009 conviction in federal court in Houston for bank fraud and identity theft. “Yes, Karen and Jami are the same person,” confirmed Tony Rose, an investigator with the U.S. Attorney’s office in Houston. “We got her.”

So now the “producer” who supposedly cast Adrian Brody to play Benjaminson sits in federal prison in Texas, serving a sentence of four years and three months.

At least Benjaminson’s contract with “Karen Spencer” is dead. “Karen Spencer doesn’t exist,” he said. “That contract is null and void. I think Flo’s is a great story, and the true story hasn’t been told. Maybe the next option will be the winner.” In the meantime, he’s working on a Rick James bio, as well as an option to make a film out of his 2012 Mary Wells biography.

http://www.peterbenjaminson.com/the_...ard_104536.htm

The Lost Supreme: The Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard

NOTE RE MOVIE TO BE BASED ON THE BOOK: Although it was originally and truthfully announced on this website that Faith Evans [[pictured below with a copy of "The Lost Supreme") was slated to play Florence Ballard in the movie version of the book and Martha Coolidge, who directed "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge," with Halle Berry, was signed as Director, the movie's Executive Producer, Karen Spencer, was actually Jami McCoy, a federal fugitive from a 2009 conviction in federal court for bank fraud and identify theft. Ms. Spencer/​McCoy has since been recaptured and is serving a four year, three month prison term in Texas.

I'm actually more interested in his Rick James biography! I think Rick left out some additional information from his book, like his black live-in girlfriend that was there with him for years until the drug addiction got a hold of him. Aqil Davidson, I think, was her name and she started dating Rick when he was living in Buffalo, I think, shortly after he returned from serving time in the Brig for being AWOL from the Navy.

But that's messed up about the Flo biopic situation. smh

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

October 18, 2013 at 8:46 am
    Society confidential: From tinseltown to the slammer

It turns out the back story on that long-promised movie based upon the tragic life of former Supreme Florence Ballard could be a movie on its own — a film noir. In 2010, an Atlanta-based woman, Karen Spencer, said she’d optioned Peter Benjaminson’s book on Flo, “The Lost Supreme.” The movie would be shot at Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studio, with Martha Coolidge directing and R&B singer Faith Evans playing Flo. Spencer gave interviews and even sent photos of herself to news organizations. Benjaminson was to be a consultant on the film [[Flo’s daughters were involved as well).

Then Spencer suddenly dropped out of sight. It turns out, her real name is Jami McCoy, 35, and she was on the lam following a 2009 conviction in federal court in Houston for bank fraud and identity theft. “Yes, Karen and Jami are the same person,” confirmed Tony Rose, an investigator with the U.S. Attorney’s office in Houston. “We got her.”

So now the “producer” who supposedly cast Adrian Brody to play Benjaminson sits in federal prison in Texas, serving a sentence of four years and three months.

At least Benjaminson’s contract with “Karen Spencer” is dead. “Karen Spencer doesn’t exist,” he said. “That contract is null and void. I think Flo’s is a great story, and the true story hasn’t been told. Maybe the next option will be the winner.” In the meantime, he’s working on a Rick James bio, as well as an option to make a film out of his 2012 Mary Wells biography.
    I can see the Mary Wells story as a cable movie on Lifetimes but I just cant see it getting a thaetrical release.

Roberta

I am a bit confused so is "Blondie" a go or no go ?

I thought the Blondie pic died a long time ago, anyway.

So did I, antceleb12, so did I.....

smark21 Guest
    As soon as the Blondie production set up a Facebook page to promote the movie and filled it with posts about Jesus, I knew it was a scam or at best something set up by a bunch of amateur fly by night types. No surprises here.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    As soon as the Blondie production set up a Facebook page to promote the movie and filled it with posts about Jesus, I knew it was a scam or at best something set up by a bunch of amateur fly by night types. No surprises here.
    Theres nothing wrong with promoting Jesus on facebook smark21. I promotoe my Lord and Savior every day on my facebook page and share inspirationall words from the scriptures. Although Id be the first to say Jesus does not belong in promoting Hollywood movies especially when they asking for money to help finance the movie.

Speaking of movies when is Mary Wilsons Golden Shoe movie hitting theaters?

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with promoting Jesus on facebook smark21. I promotoe my Lord and Savior every day on my facebook page and share inspirationall words from the scriptures. Although Id be the first to say Jesus does not belong in promoting Hollywood movies especially when they asking for money to help finance the movie.

Speaking of movies when is Mary Wilsons Golden Shoe movie hitting theaters?

Fondly,

Roberta
    I think what he's trying to say is that the formality [[or lack-thereof) of the page's posts were suspiciously unprofessional or shady. A good business with a good PR isn't going to post things that deviate from the intent of the business [[i.e. the page admins posting religious topics has nothing to do with the purpose of the movie). Seems pretty shady to me, too.

A page about a film talking about Jesus seems more of a personal page than a page about a film.

So, there is nothing really new here ??

Nope; another disaster from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Nope; another disaster from day one.
    Pretty much.

Not much being said in this thread compared to when this film was first announced.

Re Rick James Book Info

[QUOTE=midnightman;197106]I'm actually more interested in his Rick James biography! I think Rick left out some additional information from his book, like his black live-in girlfriend that was there with him for years until the drug addiction got a hold of him. Aqil Davidson, I think, was her name and she started dating Rick when he was living in Buffalo, I think, shortly after he returned from serving time in the Brig for being AWOL from the Navy.

This is great new info about Rick. Can we talk more about this in a private e-mail? My email is pbenjamson@aol.com. Thanks very much in advance. Peter B.