[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross To Lead Montreal Jazz Festival

Diana Ross to Lead Montreal Festival Lineup

MARCH 2, 2014

Compiled by ADAM W. KEPLER

Diana Ross will headline the 35th annual Montreal Jazz Festival this summer along with the singer-songwriters Rufus Wainwright and Bobby McFerrin and the Canadian crooner Michael Bublé. It will be Ms. Ross’s first appearance at the festival, and in addition to performing, she will be the recipient of the Ella Fitzgerald Award, which celebrates the repertory, range and versatility of international jazz singers. Other acts include the pianist Alain Lefèvre, who will be accompanied by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra; and the singer-songwriter Ben Harper with the blues harmonica player Charlie Musselwhite. The festival is to be held from June 26 to July 6. For a full lineup: montrealjazzfest.com.

A version of this brief appears in print on March 3, 2014, on page C3 of the New York edition with the headline: Diana Ross to Lead Montreal Festival Lineup. Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe

supremester Guest
    I wonder if she will do a different set for this like she did at Newport when she was honored decades ago. The reviews were through the roof, yet they still held back Blue.

thomas96 Guest
    I want to go so badly.

RossHolloway Guest
    @thomas96- That would make for a nice summer vacation. I've been to Montreal twice, very nice city.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana Ross to Lead Montreal Festival Lineup

MARCH 2, 2014

Compiled by ADAM W. KEPLER

Diana Ross will headline the 35th annual Montreal Jazz Festival this summer along with the singer-songwriters Rufus Wainwright and Bobby McFerrin and the Canadian crooner Michael Bublé. It will be Ms. Ross’s first appearance at the festival, and in addition to performing, she will be the recipient of the Ella Fitzgerald Award, which celebrates the repertory, range and versatility of international jazz singers. Other acts include the pianist Alain Lefèvre, who will be accompanied by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra; and the singer-songwriter Ben Harper with the blues harmonica player Charlie Musselwhite. The festival is to be held from June 26 to July 6. For a full lineup: montrealjazzfest.com.

A version of this brief appears in print on March 3, 2014, on page C3 of the New York edition with the headline: Diana Ross to Lead Montreal Festival Lineup. Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe
    This is a great honor that Diane truly deserve.

Thanks for sharing jobeterobs.

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    Hopefully for this gig she'll do a Lady Sings/Blue/Stolen Moments show rather than her usual.

sweet - this will be night of sweet Ross music

supremester Guest
    If I thought she was gonna do a night like that, I'd be at both shows in 5 seconds. I don't expect a jazz show......but oh, how cap'n said.....it would be sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Hopefully for this gig she'll do a Lady Sings/Blue/Stolen Moments show rather than her usual.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    @thomas96- That would make for a nice summer vacation. I've been to Montreal twice, very nice city.
    I wish I could go. Much easier said than done though... I've never been there, but I've heard that it's a must-go-to in Canada.

Lulu Guest
    Hope to go...it's my birthday and I would love to hear some more jazz from Diana [[i.e. let's kick "I Will Survive" to the curb and bring in "My Man"...LOL)

Second Diana Ross show for Montreal International Jazz festival.

Photograph by: Ed Oudenaarden , AFP/Getty Images

MONTREAL — Soul diva Diana Ross will perform a second concert during the Montreal International Jazz Festival this summer.

Organizers have added a July 4 show at Salle Wilfrid Pelletier of Place des Arts, and announced that Ross’s July 3 performance at the same venue is almost sold out.

Ross, the former lead singer of chart-topping Motown girl group the Supremes, as well as a successful solo artist and actress, will be making her Montreal jazz festival debut.

Tickets for the July 4 show cost $95.47 to $138.97 and go on sale Friday, March 14 at noon via Place des Arts [[ 514-842-2112 , pda.qc.ca).

For more information on the 35th edition of the Montreal International Jazz Festival, visit montrealjazzfest.com.

© Copyright [[c) The Montreal Gazette

Got myself an excellent ticket for the 1st show, maybe i will go to the next too.

According to one local newspapper she will have a 15 pieces orchestra, so maybe we are in for a special treat...been a long time since she will have so many, according to revues from last year .

supremester Guest
    She had 12 in 2010, then it shrunk to 9 - this will be great!

\
    By Jay Jones

March 28, 2014, 7:45 a.m.

Michael Buble and Diana Ross will be among the music world’s biggest names converging on Montreal this summer for the popular Festival International de Jazz.

The festival, now in its 35th year, is expected to draw 2 1/2 million people to Canada’s second largest city during its 11-day run in late June and early July.

This summer’s lineup includes Buble [[July 4 and 5), Keith Jarrett [[June 28), Bobby McFerrin [[June 30), Dianne Reeves [[June 27) and Ross [[July 3).

The festival, which runs June 26-July 6, takes over several square blocks in downtown Montreal. Several streets are closed to vehicles throughout the celebration.

The family-friendly event provides plenty of activities for youngsters, including opportunities to build their own musical instruments and tickle the ivories on a giant piano.

Besides the scheduled concerts, which begin at noon each day and continue until 3 a.m., buskers wander the streets entertaining visitors. Food and souvenir vendors abound.

Details on tickets to various performances are included in the festival’s calendar of events.

Looks like Aretha Franklin will also appear one day.

Montreal Jazz Fest Headliner, Montreal Jazz Fest Lineup 2014, Canada Music News .

The 35th annual Festival International de Jazz de Montreal announced its first batch of headliners on Wednesday and it looks like another star-studded lineup.

Diana Ross, Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin, St. Vincent, Beck and Elvis Costello are some of the performers confirmed for the event which runs from June 26 to July 6, according to show organizers. Michael Buble will also perform, returning to the festival for the first time in 10 years. Other jazz-oriented musicians confirmed include Jack DeJohnette, Keith Jarrett, Terence Blanchard and Brad Mehldau.

In terms of Canadian content, Barenaked Ladies, Daniel Lanois, Rufus Wainwright, Nikki Yanofsky and Coeur de Pirate will play while other artists such as Earth, Wind and Fire, B.B. King, Gary Clark Jr., Maxwell, Ricki Lee Jones, Emmylou Harris, Violent Femmes and Ben Harper are also slated.

Tickets for the festival's "indoor series" go on sale to the public Saturday, April 26 at noon EST. Additional information will be available at the official festival site.

Last year's festival included Belle and Sebastian, George Benson, Wynton Marsalis and Holly Cole among countless others.