[REMOVE ADS]

New FREDA clip surfaces!!

I've seen short clips of this, but thanks to dutch network TV192, we get to see the whole thing!!!

Wow!!! Freda Payne would have given Beyonce a run for her money!

She'd have left her ass in the dust! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    She'd have left her ass in the dust! LOL
    You're right, hehehehehehehehehe.....!

And I still remember the night the track was recorded at Tera Shirma. Still sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    And I still remember the night the track was recorded at Tera Shirma. Still sounds good.
    So, Ralph... when you first heard it, did you feel it in your bones that it was hit? Incidentally.. this video clip is from Whittaker's World of Music, a show I'd love to see more of!

Jill, that night was just the rhythm track. We had one take that was super hot until the end when it was discovered we had a small problem and had to do another take. It came out well, but that first take was a the hot one and we couldn't use it.

That's our brother
    the late great Bob Babbitt on bass

edafan

Yes it was, edafan.

Jill, that night was just the rhythm track. We had one take that was super hot until the end when it was discovered we had a small problem and had to do another take. It came out well, but that first take was a the hot one and we couldn't use it.
    Ralph, this song is still a toe tapper after all these years. I can imagine what the take was like that you guys had to discard......whew! LOL!

It was Hot, Marv. HDH were grooving in the control room. And then we heard the high cycle hum when the tape was stopped. And, damn if it didn't go to tape.

It was Hot, Marv. HDH were grooving in the control room. And then we heard the high cycle hum when the tape was stopped. And, damn if it didn't go to tape.
    Oh that sucks! If that happened today, is their technology that could "clean" it up?

I doubt it Marv. The signal went clean through all the tracks. so the entire track was affected. Not much choice but to re-take.