[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

A Fantasy Duet Request for Midnight Johhny

Hello John been enjoying your famous remixes on You Tube,i see a request you mixed for me a couple of years ago [Chuck Jackson and Tammi Terrell has had a few thousand hits,brilliant.]Could you do another please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jimmy Ruffin and Martha Reeves I Gotta Let You Go,would love to hear these 2 brilliant motown artists sing a duet,would make a personal Hat Trick of requests you have made for me,the other was JJ Barnes And Martha Show ME The Way-A'int it the truth.Fingers and toes crossed MJ.you are the daddy,cheers Sir.

I listened to JJ Barnes & Martha Reeves fantasy duet on "Show Me The Way To Go" again after not hearing it for a year. This mix is SO damn hot, somebody call the fire department!

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Hello John been enjoying your famous remixes on You Tube,i see a request you mixed for me a couple of years ago [Chuck Jackson and Tammi Terrell has had a few thousand hits,brilliant.]Could you do another please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jimmy Ruffin and Martha Reeves I Gotta Let You Go,would love to hear these 2 brilliant motown artists sing a duet,would make a personal Hat Trick of requests you have made for me,the other was JJ Barnes And Martha Show ME The Way-A'int it the truth.Fingers and toes crossed MJ.you are the daddy,cheers Sir.
    HM....thank for for your kind words, and I appreciate your request. One of my favorite songs....by both! Sadly, I tried this one early on...a few years ago...though the backing tracks are virtually the same, Jimmy's is embellished with hand claps, and the mixes are different enough that when put together, the difference is glaring. And just to make sure....I tried again today to work it...couldn't do it....sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    I listened to JJ Barnes & Martha Reeves fantasy duet on "Show Me The Way To Go" again after not hearing it for a year. This mix is SO damn hot, somebody call the fire department!
    Mark...thank you...you are too kind to me!

Someone made a mix of Marvin Gaye and the Marvelettes singing Forever years ago. I was inspired enough to try the same feat. The backing tracks are identical on the two covers. I hadn't listened in years, but was pleasantly surprised to hear the vocals were mixed to have Marvin and the Marvelettes each singing separate verses and incredible harmony on the chorus . Asking how this was accomplished won't get an answer - Just Plain Dumb Luck.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Someone made a mix of Marvin Gaye and the Marvelettes singing Forever years ago. I was inspired enough to try the same feat. The backing tracks are identical on the two covers. I hadn't listened in years, but was pleasantly surprised to hear the vocals were mixed to have Marvin and the Marvelettes each singing separate verses and incredible harmony on the chorus . Asking how this was accomplished won't get an answer - Just Plain Dumb Luck.
    Yes that was also a Midnight Johnny remix ,he did a great mix on that one.John i seem to remember now you did mention about Jimmy-Martha being uneven[Brain cells losing millions a day ha].a while back,Also need to mention that brilliant mix of Diana AND Marvin Dark side of world,that you did also Tammi AND Temptations Gotta find a way to get you back.Are they still on yOU tube,love them,MJ could you do a fantasy duet of your choice next time,ILOVE THEM.CHEERS MJ.