[REMOVE ADS]

Black celebrities who died with little or no fanfare

Some interesting stories; some I didn't know about; some I did http://panachereport.com/channels/ol...CelebsDied.htm

Some of us here have talked about this same topic from this exact same link a few years back but being that it is black history month I thought it'd be nice to revisit it. The odd thing is that when I tried to click on the part 3 page to see if there were any updates it said page not found... In that case I'll add this update :

Any black singers, musicians or actors not associated with hip hop or reality tv..

That said, I still miss a lot of the ones from that list especially Roger and Alice Coltrane...

...here's a good 'In Memoriam' site...

http://www.thesoulbasement.com/Site/In_Memoriam.html

I saw that story a few years back. It was depressing because I did not know some of them had passed.

Reminds me of the 'In Memoriam' piece from the Grammys...I didn't know that Bobby Martin and Don Shirley [[and Tompall Glaser, though he's not black) had passed away until I saw that portion of the Grammys!

Best,

Mark

WOW I didnt know one of the members of the Crown Heights Affair had passed away Im glad to see this list. Thanks for this thread!

Stephanie,

Unfortunately both Reid Brothers are gone. Bert Reid died in December 2004 & Ray died in Dec 2013. Sadly, they both succumbed to cancer.