Wow, that's a good list - I'll work through as many of them as I can in the coming weeks, thank you!

Definitely agreed on the Junior Walker tracks, for sure - I've already given glowing reviews to several of the sides you mentioned:

Motown Junkies: Satan's Blues
Motown Junkies: Do The Boomerang
Motown Junkies: Shake and Fingerpop

...so they'll all feature if they haven't already done so! I agree the All Stars have a grittier sound than most of their labelmates and stablemates.

On Rare Earth... before I got my own show, I used to do a weekly three-song Motown feature on the station's breakfast show [[also called Discovering Motown - I'd play 3 songs from that week in Motown history, celebrating birthdays, release dates etc.) It was great fun, and led directly to the full show I have now, but nobody on this forum ever really heard it because it went out at 8am UK time and the recording only stayed up on Soundcloud for seven days.

Anyway, one week I played Rare Earth's "Get Ready" [[the single version obviously), thinking that would be the best way to introduce the group to the other presenters and the listeners [[again, let me underline Rare Earth not only never had a hit record here, I'm not sure they ever had any records out at all.) The resulting looks on their faces while it was playing were best described as "bored horror", if that's not an oxymoron.

Getting back to the point, I don't dislike Rare Earth [[as we'll see when Motown Junkies finally gets to meet them in a few years), and I was planning to drop in one or two of their tracks giving their proper context at some point in the show's run [[provided I don't get cancelled any time soon!), and I'll definitely get your requests in when I can, but they're not a band who'll become part of the regular line-up in the way Junior should be.