[REMOVE ADS]

Play it again, Sam!

I was just playing "Ebony Eyes" by Bob Welch [[Yeah, I know it ain't soul, but, so what? I love pop music.). It's one of those songs that I can't get enough of and have to play it a few times. I never tire of it.

What songs do you love so much that you have to play it repeatedly a few times?

Some of mine are [[and, again, I love pop music):

Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch
    You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes
    Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
    Midnight Confessions - The Grass Roots
    I Love You - People
    The World Is A Ghetto - War
    Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes - Edison Lighthouse
    One Chain Don't Make No Prison - The Four Tops
    Closer To Home - Grand Funk Railroad
    Ninety-Nine And A Half [[Won't Do) - Wilson Pickett
    Hold On, I'm Comin' - Sam & Dave
    Fox On The Run - Sweet
    Last edited by soulster; 02-08-2014 at 01:26 AM.

One that instantly comes to mind is "Do You Wanna Hold Me" by Bow Wow Wow. That is one of the catchiest songs to me.

You have a great list Soulster and I can easily see myself playing some of those more than once. But here are a few of my own.....

These Eyes - The Guess Who
    Ain't Nobody - Rufus & Chaka Khan
    Baby I Need Your Loving - Four Tops
    Rise - Herb Alpert
    Walk Away from Love - David Ruffin
    Stoned Love - Supremes
    That Girl - Stevie Wonder
    Didn't I Blow Your Mind - Delfonics
    Nights on Broadway - Bee Gee's
    There'll Never Be - Switch
    I Ain't Leaving Without You - Jahiem.

There are just too too many that I would play over and over. This is tough LOL

You guys are picking some good songs. But for me, and I think I've said it before, my favorite play it again song would be "For Your Love" by Ed Townsend. So soulful with a very smoky sax solo. Outstanding.

Only the Lonely by The Motels
    American Workers and Heart and Soul by The Bus Boys
    Sunless Saturday by Fishbone
    It Wasn't Me by Shaggy
    Tell Me a Bedtime Story by Pieces of a Dream
    So Far Away by The Crusaders
    Brighton By the Sea and Blue Lick by Bob James
    Mr. Magic by Grover Washington Jr.
    Down Home Blues by Z.Z. Hill
    Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks
    My Maria by Brooks and Dunn

All are ear candy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    You guys are picking some good songs. But for me, and I think I've said it before, my favorite play it again song would be "For Your Love" by Ed Townsend. So soulful with a very smoky sax solo. Outstanding.
    It is a bona fide classic Ralph!

Nice! First time I ever heard Ed Townsend's version. I am more familiar with Peaches & Herb's version.

Great post,i have afew...girl[why you wanna make me blue]-the temps...forever-major lance...a fork in the road-the miracles...you're the one-the marvelettes...i ain't got the love-the ambassadors...i can't find-smokey...prove it-aretha...the note-bobby blue bland...is it too early-the fawns...come back-the stairsteps...just before sunrise-the impressions...i count the tears-the drifters...pretty little baby-marvin gaye...when you walked in-the five royales.

I tend to do it in spurts. For a while, I was in a Mitch Ryder mood. I do find myself attracted to good writing, so recently I've been spinning Jim Webb's excellently written "Paper Cup". Great lyrics on this one.

My iPod has over 10,000 songs on it, and I have a ways to go to fill it to the 40,000 mark...anyway, I've been repeating Bread and Grass Roots songs on it. Most recently, I listened to "Everything I Own" more than once--a girl I went to high school with and had as a friend on Facebook passed away unexpectedly about a month ago after routine surgery, and I cried a little as I played it, thinking of her family. As for Grass Roots, lesser-known hits of theirs like "Wake Up, Wake Up" [[which I'm trying to absorb the message) and "Glory Bound" have gotten played a couple of times in a row.

However, when I had my Walkman, I did wind up playing "Can't Seem to Get You Out of My Mind" by the Eddy Jacobs Exchange about 10 times in a row once...it was on a Northern soul cassette Tim Ashibende sent me some time ago. Still looking for the damned 45...LOL!

Best,

Mark