[REMOVE ADS]

Superbowl Sunday.....

I haven't seen any mention of tomorrow nights little contest, but I'm ready:

1) Chips? Check
    2) Pizza? Check
    3) T-Shirts? Mine: Jim Zorn [[#10), Dora: Steve Largent [[#80)
    4) More Chips? Check
    5) Flag? Check, with a big #12 on it.

So here goes:

GO SEAHAWKS!

thomas96 Guest
    I'm a huge Panthers fan so I gotta root AFC! Peyton deserves it.

Did you forget 6) beer?

Broncos for me. They beat my Patriots. Also looking forward to Bruno Mars.

~~Mary~~

No I didn't forget the beer. I don't drink any more. Did forget one thing, though.

6) Vernors? Check.

One of the tellers at our bank is a big Broncos fan, having grown up in southern Wyoming. When we went in Friday, everybody, and I mean everybody was in Seahawk blue....except Dereck, who was wearing a dress shirt, no tie. I did notice though under the open collar a hint of orange. I asked him and yes, it was a Bronco jersey. Said he didn't want to get pummeled by the people he worked with. Don't think that big blue 12th man flag in the lobby intimidated him a bit.
    Last edited by Doug-Morgan; 02-01-2014 at 10:22 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    What about 7) Wings?

What are your thought on Colin Kaepernick and Richard Sherman?

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE FIVE Mary G. View Post
    Broncos for me. They beat my Patriots. Also looking forward to Bruno Mars.

~~Mary~~
    Dang Patriots, can't stand them, sorry. Bruno Mars should be interesting thought especially with the Chili Peppers.

Broncos gonna beat the seahawks like they stole something,payton going right at sherman...37-21 go broncos.

arr&bee,

Are you bringing the hooch???

@ Thomas - LOVE my Patriots. If Denver wins, Manning will tie Brady for most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback. Bruno can throw it down!! Halftime should be terrific and it's an interesting matchup with the Chili Peppers.

~~Mary~~
    Last edited by JIVE FIVE Mary G.; 02-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    @ Thomas - LOVE my Patriots. If Denver wins, Manning will tie Brady for most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback. Bruno can throw it down!! Halftime should be terrific and it's an interesting matchup with the Chili Peppers.

~~Mary~~
    Brady has 3 wins, Peyton has 1 win, but neither have the most for a QB. Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana both have 4 wins, and possibly others. I am looking forward to halftime as well.

Point taken. So muh for NFL broadcasters today. I heard them say this stuff two weeks ago.

~~Mary~~

thomas96 Guest
    Point taken. So muh for NFL broadcasters today. I heard them say this stuff two weeks ago.

~~Mary~~
    Doesn't surprise me, most of the media has no clue what they're talking/writing about.

If I had one I'd be wearing my "Tez" shirt today.

I am a big Russell Wilson fan, like Pete and have been rooting for them since last year. I remember when the NFL Stole the Super Bowl game against the Steelers . Not hatin.....just remember. Remember cause I was being Stifled by Steelers that Sunday.

I also rooted for the Broncos back in the Orange Crush days. If the Broncos win, I'll be disappointed, but not mad. I'm not a Manning hater and liked him on SNL.

My biggest reward came last week.....when both of Whiner teams were eliminated.

Well actually......it was last year when my team won.......but I've moved on [[hehehehehe).

P.S.
    Mary.....you're from the area....so your Pats love is home love and I forgive you.

Also looking forward to Bruno at the half.
    Last edited by destruction; 02-02-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added a line....geez

Mary

Bellycheck did as much as anyone could with that team.

A great friend of mine was related to Billy Sullivan.

And Welker did not do a dirty play.

Lifelong Pats fan

edafan

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    My biggest reward came last week.....when both of Whiner teams were eliminated.
    I'm with you on that, my least favorite teams are the 49ers and Patriots. Can't stand either coach or either QB.

Right, Destruction. It is home love for the Pats & the Red Sox.

Edefan, I'm with you. They did a tremendous job this year given all the injuries and there aren't many coaches as good as Bellecheck [[spl). He and Brady make one heck of team.

I guess most of us are looking forward to Bruno at halftime. I'll be rather surprised if he doesn't bring it.

~~Mary~~

The first 4 plays made me think
    I was watching a freshman football game at my High School

edafan

thomas96 Guest
    The Broncos are looking like a high school football team all around.

The game sucks canal water but the halftime show has to be one of the best, if not the best, halftime performances ever!! Bruno LAID IT DOWN!!! Lord, what a talent!!!! The Red Hot Chili Peppers were good, too, but Bruno scored BIG TIME!!

~~Mary~~

thomas96 Guest
    What a terrible game. I feel bad for the companies that bought advertisements for the 4th quarter.

I did not at all expect it to be so lopsided. But I don't care. For the first time since 1979, Seattle gets a major professional sports championship team.

YEA SEAHAWKS!

What a dog of a game. I watched it at my sister's house, which is good because I would have switched channels if I stayed home.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    I did not at all expect it to be so lopsided. But I don't care. For the first time since 1979, Seattle gets a major professional sports championship team.

YEA SEAHAWKS!
    Enjoy it while it lasts, the Seahawks have about 5 players who will be getting $100million contracts. Can't keep them all.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts, the Seahawks have about 5 players who will be getting $100million contracts. Can't keep them all.
    Nature of today's game....on the other hand.....it lasts forever.....or at least it seems that way.....and they can't take it away.

I loved watching them play for the past two years and look forward to watching Russell Wilson for years to come.

I can't remember the last time that I saw bodies flying around the field on defense like these guys. They threw several short passes to guys who were wide open......only to swarmed 1 second later by multiple bodies.

Doug,

About 5 years I found myself at a late season O's game seated with a guy from Seattle. Turns out that he was a big NBA fan and we had a great time going over that 2 year war between the Bullets and Sonics. He told me how he spent years tracking down each member of the Sonics team to autograph his book for him....and succeeded except for one player whom he called a first class jerk that almost soured him on the whole endeavor... but he kept it moving. He also convinced me to try Dungeness crabs, which I did for the first time that year.

I remember that '78-'79 Sonics season. The city crammed about 175,000 people into Westlake Mall for the celebration. Wonder how many they'll get for the Seahawks on Wednsday. The love affair between the Hawks and the area has been ongoing since they cranked up in -76.

I wonder how much history played into the game? Understanding that the Hawks are an NFC team now [[and were when they came into the league), they played in the AFC from their second year [[1977) through 2003. During those years, we may have disliked Oakland a lot, but Denver was THE evil empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    I remember that '78-'79 Sonics season. The city crammed about 175,000 people into Westlake Mall for the celebration. Wonder how many they'll get for the Seahawks on Wednsday. The love affair between the Hawks and the area has been ongoing since they cranked up in -76.

I wonder how much history played into the game? Understanding that the Hawks are an NFC team now [[and were when they came into the league), they played in the AFC from their second year [[1977) through 2003. During those years, we may have disliked Oakland a lot, but Denver was THE evil empire.

The truly great DJ Dennis Johnson
    was a rookie on that team

Larry Bird called DJ the best player he ever played with

I loved pro ball in the 1980's with Lakers Celtics Pistons 76'ers and the emerging Bulls

each of those teams had 3 or 4 great players

edafan

That's because there were fewer teams back then. The league is watered down and with the college requirement being only one year, you have players entering the league on the strength of talent over fundamentals. Consequently, you're lucky to have more than three above average talents on any team right now. And those who do have it [[Heat, Spurs, Pacers, and [[don't shoot me) Thunder come to mind first) are dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    That's because there were fewer teams back then. The league is watered down and with the college requirement being only one year, you have players entering the league on the strength of talent over fundamentals. Consequently, you're lucky to have more than three above average talents on any team right now. And those who do have it [[Heat, Spurs, Pacers, and [[don't shoot me) Thunder come to mind first) are dominant.
    I agree

edafan

Yuck,what a dog of a game even the commercials stank.

I was rooting for the Seahawks and I'm glad they finally won one! I HATE Denver...no disrespect to Peyton, but we here in Cleveland just DO NOT root for Denver! We have a long-standing hatred for them...they almost always beat us behind that grinning jackass John Elway, who is now one of their leading executives. I'll never forget that idiot getting sacked and getting up with that grin still in place...if someone puts a hurtin' on you, you DO NOT get up grinning...WORD! Not to mention that John Elway does commercials for the worst beer in the world, Coors Light.

I'm surprised that Denver seemed to roll over and die, though...I expected a little more from them...but I'm happy Seattle won!

Best,

Mark