[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Anna Gordy Gaye

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/31/marvin...wn-songwriter/

Anna Gordy Gaye -- Marvin Gaye's ex-wife and older sister to Motown founder Berry Gordy -- died early this morning in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the family tell us Anna died at home from natural causes. Family members discovered she had died around 3AM.

Anna and Marvin got married in 1964, and she was a huge influence on his career. She co-composed two hits on his classic "What's Going On" album.

Marvin said his hit song "Pride and Joy" was inspired by his courtship of Anna back in the early 60s.

They had one child together -- Marvin Gaye III -- and eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged ... Marvin wrote "Anna's Song." It was released in 1978.

Anna was 92 years old.

RossHolloway Guest
    Wow I didn't know she was 92. RIP Ms Gordy.

A long and lovely life and now shes in heaven with marvin and her mom and dad.

Dear God please look after Anna Gordy Gaye and welcome her to your heavenly home.

Roberta

I hope she was at peace when she died... RIP

Very sorry to hear of her passing,very beautiful lady...r.i.p.

Rest in Peace Anna. You were a "wonderful one......."

Marv

I just read about it when I woke up this morning. I had no idea how she was. She obviously lived a long, and hopefully fruitful and fulfilling, life. I hope she caught up with Marvin once she got in Heaven.

R.I.P. Anna Gordy.

The longer we live the more likely we are going to experience our demise. It's a part of living.

I tell folks that "The longer I live the more likely I'm going to die sooner or later."

This is very sad. Miss Anna, as I called her was one of my favorite customers when I delivered the Detroit News when she lived on Outer Drive. The strange thing is that she did not want her paper delivered to her house in the beginning, but wanted me to deliver her copy at the Standard gas station located on Outer Drive and Livernois. It is at the gas station where sometimes I would see Miss Anna sitting in the back of her chauffeured white Rolls Royce wearing what I believe to be a white mink coat, rolling down the window and shouting "hey little paperboy, how are you doing today?" Always, always, always very nice and friendly. Later on, and I don't remember the reason, my route was expanded to include Marvin's house. He was there a lot, but I did not put two and two together to recognize that he was not touring because of Tammi's condition. He called me "my little paperboy" and yes, he would say "WHAT'S GOING ON my little paperboy, do you wanna play catch?" But Anna was a wonderful lady and she tipped very well.

Lulu Guest
    I remember the headlines when Marvin married Anna. May she RIP

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    This is very sad. Miss Anna, as I called her was one of my favorite customers when I delivered the Detroit News when she lived on Outer Drive. The strange thing is that she did not want her paper delivered to her house in the beginning, but wanted me to deliver her copy at the Standard gas station located on Outer Drive and Livernois. It is at the gas station where sometimes I would see Miss Anna sitting in the back of her chauffeured white Rolls Royce wearing what I believe to be a white mink coat, rolling down the window and shouting "hey little paperboy, how are you doing today?" Always, always, always very nice and friendly. Later on, and I don't remember the reason, my route was expanded to include Marvin's house. He was there a lot, but I did not put two and two together to recognize that he was not touring because of Tammi's condition. He called me "my little paperboy" and yes, he would say "WHAT'S GOING ON my little paperboy, do you wanna play catch?" But Anna was a wonderful lady and she tipped very well.
    Great story!

Anna certainly handled her public [[via Marvin) divorce with graciousness. How many couples would have been able to reconcile after that? Very classy woman, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by marymary View Post
    Great story!

Anna certainly handled her public [[via Marvin) divorce with graciousness. How many couples would have been able to reconcile after that? Very classy woman, RIP.
    It speaks volumes. Also shows Marvin's heart to see him and Anna re-embrace as friends. Now they're reunited. RIP Anna.