[REMOVE ADS]

Who made this song?

This is driving me CRAZY.....It came out around 1968-69 - it's a slow tune, and the only words I can remember are:

"Youuuu....Baby You.....Only youuuuuuu"...[[in perfect harmony)

Please help me...

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Nope, not him - this was a group - kinda like The Originals, etc....

How about "For You" by the Spellbinders [[written and produced by Van McCoy)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=818u4VsPgAU

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing But Soul View Post
    How about "For You" by the Spellbinders [[written and produced by Van McCoy)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=818u4VsPgAU
    Nope, not that one either....It's a "slow-dancing" tune...Gaaahh! this is driving me nutz...I gotta go do my taxes...check back later...

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post
    I gotta go do my taxes...check back later...
    LOL @ gotta go do the taxes

If it helps any, the words were sung in the background by the other fellas, while the lead singer went into the "response" giving "reasons" why "Only you can"...

It went something like this:
    [[background dudes) Youuuuuuu...[[lead) Only you can blah-blah-blah [[background dudes) Baby Youuuuu....[[lead sings) And blah-blah-blah [[background dudes) Onleeee Youuuuu...Baby Youuuuuu...

And my taxes are done so quit laughing - I can hear you, LOLOLOL!!

smark21 Guest
    This is the tough one given how generic the lyrics are.

How people ever figure out these songs with lyrics as sparse as this is completely beyond me but i know there was at least one member of the forum a few years back who could.
    With the mass exodus of members over the last 3-4 years, I'm not even sure if he's still here...

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post
    If it helps any, the words were sung in the background by the other fellas, while the lead singer went into the "response" giving "reasons" why "Only you can"...

It went something like this:
    [[background dudes) Youuuuuuu...[[lead) Only you can blah-blah-blah [[background dudes) Baby Youuuuu....[[lead sings) And blah-blah-blah [[background dudes) Onleeee Youuuuu...Baby Youuuuuu...

And my taxes are done so quit laughing - I can hear you, LOLOLOL!!

Made me laugh I can tell you.... background dudes! blah,blah background dudes. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    Made me laugh I can tell you.... background dudes! blah,blah background dudes. Love it!

I knew that was comin', LOL! But it's the only way I know how to describe it, and I knew as soon as I started typing the words I could feel the mirth and jocularity starting to enter the room....

I WILL figure this out, and if I do before you guys, then I'll let ya know....

I'd like to be a fly on the wall dude, while you're working it out!

I only wish I could help you.

This might relieve the stress...... duet, wrong decade, but the title fits and the formula is the same.....

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall dude, while you're working it out!

I only wish I could help you.
    Thanks Tams..... btw, I'm not a "dude"....

I got a "lifeline" I need to call tonite....He's a real old-head, and I'm thinking if I could sing a few bars, [[QUIT LAUGHING!) he'll know EXACTLY who I'm talking about...Stay tuned....

You think this is hard, try a instrumental or jazz tune that you don't know the artist name just snatches of the tune. I gave up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    You think this is hard, try a instrumental or jazz tune that you don't know the artist name just snatches of the tune. I gave up on that.
    Been there - done that too - the next best thing I can do is play a snippet of it I have recorded off The WAVE back in the 90's on a cassette....

I'm thinking it was Richard Elliot or somebody else, but definately not Justo Almario...

I think my head is going to explode now.....