[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Hey mr. Dj

Hey mr. Dj

Who remembers this cool instumental[b-side]from bobby moore and the rhythm aces[a-side]searchin for my baby,from 1966?

I do. Searchin' For My Baby is still big on the beach music scene today. LOVE that song.

~~Mary~~

You and me both.

A lot of "beach music" is soul music. It's all about the beat and there are groups lke The Tams, Bill Deal & The Rhondels, Chairmen of The Board, Eddie Floyd and many more that are played and perform in the Carolinas where shagging is the dance they all love. Northern soulers love a lot of the same tunes.

~~Mary~~

I have some beach complilations in my collection..great stuff.

Love Beach Music! There's a lot of overlap between some beach stuff and Northern soul. They operate on the same principle...it doesn't matter what genre or who the artist is, as long as it has the requisite beat, it's good.

Best,

Mark