Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  21.1 KB
Funk was one of the main reasons [[and really the main one of those) why I stopped listening to the radio. I forgot that I continued to listen to Jazz stations through the '70s. I like a little bit of Funky Jazz, when the melodies are sweet, and the instrumentation is old fashioned [[they use real piano, real woodwinds, real horns, and there's not to much reverb and noise in the sound [[acoustic or near-acoustic sound). I just don't like the sound of instrumentation starting at the beginning of the '70s, and don't like the sound of the new studios.

I like James Brown until about 1965, when he started to get Funky. I like The Parliaments until they started to get funky [[e.g. I like their Doo Wop and Motown-sounding recordings).

I like "Little Stevie Wonder" and only Stevie Wonder's earliest recordings. I like The Impressions until their latest ABC cuts, and only like the earliest few Curtom recordings. I don't like Curtis Mayfield's solo work, but his pre 1969 recordings are among my favourites.
Though not the only one I've ever encountered on the forum, I remember tsull, I think saying he didn't like the blues, kris saying she didn't like falsetto singing and more than a few saying they don't get jazz, anyway this is the most perfect illustration of a line in the sand I've seen in any thread. While I totally, absolutely, completely disagree with robb k's
position I graciously applaud his honesty...Everything isn't for everybody....So be it..