[REMOVE ADS]

Amos Milburn The Blues Boss Backing Vocals

I've only listened to the first six tracks but unless my ears deceive me it sounds like the Supremes on backing vocals on several tracks. Their harmonies were like they had been on Supremes Sing Country, Western and Pop, which was recorded around the same time. Can Mr. Skurow confirm?

thomas96 Guest
    I'm fairly positive it's not them.

When the album was issued in France, the musicians and backing vocalists were credited on the back cover. The backing vocalists are named as Louvaine Demps, Jackie Hicks and Marlene Barrow, and the liner notes mention the "brilliant backing provided by the Andantes" on I'll Make It Up to You Somehow.

I don't think the Andantes got there that early

The Andantes are credited on the label of the single of "I'll Make It Up to You Somehow" [[Motown M1063), which was released in March 1963. You'll find a scan on the Motown Junkies Site.