[REMOVE ADS]

Thirty Five years ago to this minute!

13th December 1978 at the Hammersmith Odeon 7.30 PM-12.30 AM. five hours!
    The P-Funk Earth Tour. Featuring...
    Parliament
    Brides of Funkenstein
    Parlet
    Funkadelic
    That's where I was. It went over by about 90 minutes. We had a fire chief from the local station walking up the aisle trying to stop everything, not sure why he walked out, Parliament hadn't stopped playing and the roof carried on lifting.
    It really was the best gig I'd ever been to, The Motorbooty Affair hadn't been out long, Funkadelic were in the charts or close to getting in with One Nation.
    I can't remember who was holding the biggest Maglite to the strains of "Flashlight" but he blinded me and few others with it. [[That torch is on the front cover of "Uncle Jam wants you" BTW)
    Most of the Parliament stuff was from Mothership, Funkenstein, Funkentelechy . The Mothership came down, they had to extend the back of the Odeon to get the thing in. The inflater Limo was there too.
    The Brides of Funkenstein did tracks from "Funk or walk"
    I can not remember a thing Parlet did, Might have been in the bar!
    At one point I was stood behind Chris Houten, Spurs player, now the Norwich manager and Garth Crooks, Spurs player, and now BBC football pundit. They didn't like me and my brother's whistle blowing at all.
    If I hadn't been to the bar so many times I might remember a bit more.
    We just made the last bus from Victoria to Brize Norton got home 2.30 AM.
    Thirty five years.......where did that go?

I saw this show two months and five months prior to this date. I saw it in October 1978 at McNichols Arena in Denver and in July 1978 at the Toledo Sports Arena. It was off the hook!!!!

yes, I was a proud Funkateer!saw the whole Parlifunkadelicment conglomeration many times but the tour with the Mothership was at the Lakeland Civic Center & we partyed hard.A few months before the Rolling Stones had been at the same venue & no standing was allowed they just sold the seats which was about 8,000. For Parliament/Funkadelic the placed was packed like sardines with all of us standing in front of the stage & you could hardly move.It would have been a big fire hazard so there was a lot more by thousands then for the Stones.

Hi Marv!
    Two months and how many days? Was that the Denver Booty Affair. Parking was a nightmare here too, if you had a car to get clamped that is!
    The Firemen were twitchy about all the stuff they bought with them, let alone the overrun breaking the Bylaws and the standing in the aisles. I think they saw a riot coming and left us to get on with enjoying ourselves. Btw I nailed the ticket to my Live LP cover and managed to get a poster off a board in the foyer but I lost that somewhere.
    Last edited by tamla617; 12-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    Hi Marv!
    Two months and how many days? Was that the Denver Booty Affair. Parking was a nightmare here too, if you had a car to get clamped that is!
    The Firemen were twitchy about all the stuff they bought with them, let alone the overrun breaking the Bylaws and the standing in the aisles. I think they saw a riot coming and left us to get on with enjoying ourselves. Btw I nailed the ticket to my Live LP cover and managed to get a poster off a board in the foyer but I lost that somewhere.
    Tamla, all I can remember is that is was a little smokey at the show in Denver and a LOT smokey at the one in Toledo..hehehehehehehehehe............
    Parliament/Funkadelic rules and "Flashlight" is STILL the anthem to get down and party!!!!