[REMOVE ADS]

~~~who would be your pick?~~~

Hello Everyone,

If you could pick one artist and/or group to stop by your house to sing, who would it be? They can be living or deceased.

After my obvious choice, I would choose Louis Armstrong as the solo artist and The Rolling Stones as a group.

~~Mary~~

None. I prefer to collect recorded, produced product that I can listen to over and over. I'd rather have a stereo that produced a sound that can recreate what they heard in the mastering room.

Hi Jive Five Mary G;
    I would pick Dinah Washington as the solo artist; and the classic five Temptations for the group.

The original Marvelettes....how fun would that be. The champagnes on me!

Ella Fitzgerald would be the artist the band might be the Crusaders. If I answered tomorrow, I'm sure the answers would be different, though.

He already lives in my house and sang so soulfully to me last night "Over The Rainbow", Jimmy sounded so amazing that it brought tears to my eyes.
    Name:  Over The Rainbow  original .jpg
Views: 312
Size:  37.3 KB

Yes, I am talking about my wonderful husband who's voice is etheral.
    S.S.

Believe it or not George Harrison, my FAVORITE Beatle!

the TEMPTATIONS................

Aretha Franklin and the original Supremes.

Oooh this is a good one.

Solo, I'd chose either Ella or Dusty Springfield. They both just seem sweet as pie.

Group, I'd chose the DMF Surpremes line-up, no question.

It would be Mary Wilson [[wearing a tight red dress......hehehehehe..) and the original Four Tops.

smark21 Guest
    Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Miley Cyrus
    Twerking!!!!!!!!!!

Great question, but like similar of this kind my choice could vary from day to day. For the solo artiste it's Otis Redding, but the group is harder. As I wouldn't be able to fit them in and they're probably not a classified as a 'group' anyway I guess I can't have the Quincy Jones orchestra circa early/mid 70s?! So it better be The Beatles.
    Last edited by alanh; 11-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Would it be cheating to go for "USA for Africa" as the group?

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Great question, but like similar of this kind my choice could vary from day to day. For the solo artiste it's Otis Redding, but the group is harder. As I wouldn't be able to fit them in and they're probably not a classified as a 'group' anyway I guess I can't have the Quincy Jones orchestra circa early/mid 70s?! So it better be The Beatles.
    Alanh, You can choose the Quincy Jones orchestra. I could be loosely described as a group. No problem with a little leeway here.

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Would it be cheating to go for "USA for Africa" as the group?
    Hi 144man, I have no problem with your choice, if you don't. Quincy made all those stars into a group for the production.

~~Mary~~

the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves and mr Marvin Gaye and Mr Nat King cole.

Roberta

The surviving Parliaments: George Clinton, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, and Grady Thomas.
    Singing all of the Revilot/Golden World material acapella.

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE FIVE Mary G. View Post
    Hello Everyone,

If you could pick one artist and/or group to stop by your house to sing, who would it be? They can be living or deceased.

After my obvious choice, I would choose Louis Armstrong as the solo artist and The Rolling Stones as a group.

~~Mary~~
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'm not sure who I'd pick, but they would be alive. I don't want any dead people to stop by my house to sing, or do anything else, for that matter. I have enough trouble dealing with the living.

With her beautiful voice, I would have loved to have had Dee Dee Warwick sing me to sleep every night, when I was a youth. She wasn't all that much older than I, and lived in New York, so it would have been difficult. It turned out, years later, that she was a good friend of one of my partners at Airwave Records, so I've had the pleasure of her sitting at the piano and singing for us on occaision.

As far as groups, I'd have liked The Flamingos to have serenaded us at my Uncle's house, when we used to stay there in Chicago, over Christmas Vacations from 1952-56. That could have been possible [[but not very likely). We did have some famous groups come from my high school in South Chicago, even at the time I attended. But, regarding The Flamingos, by the time we moved to Chicago they had lost Sollie McElroy and Johnny Carter, and their material wasn't as good as that of '53-'55. So, I'd probably have preferred The Drifters or Miracles or Jive Five in the early '60s. I couldn't name you even one current singer, so, I don't know who I'd pick to sing to me now.

Sam Cooke for a singer. Group-The Dave Clark Five.