[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oprah interviews Patti re: D.Ross

Excellent interview. Thanks so much for posting it.

RossHolloway Guest
    Yea, thanks for posting that interview. Two legends who have bonded.

The Patti interview had me falling back in love with Patti. And I love what she said about Diana.

What did Patti say about beating down that army man for standing to close to her luggagr

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqueetha_Jackson View Post
    What did Patti say about beating down that army man for standing to close to her luggagr
    If you were so interested in knowing what Patti said in the interview, you should have watched it or recorded it. But if you just want to hear negativity about Patti, subscribe to the Enquirer or some other rag.

i have to agree with you Milven lol,you could tell that Patti and Oprah has LOVE for each other,LOVE IT.

I am not a rich person mu computer is old I can't watch videos I dont have cable tv I think beating someone up about luggage is negative especially someone in the armed forces

Dix the settler out of coutr

Miss Patti was lying right through her Poli-Grip! She can put on a right good show!

I notice she had not a wrinkle on her face and only love for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I notice she had not a wrinkle on her face and only love for Diana.
    Of course, you must consider, a woman who will throw water in a baby's face and have a man beat to a pulp because he's standing too close to her luggage... a woman such as that liking Diana is not the most glowing endorsement you can find.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Of course, you must consider, a woman who will throw water in a baby's face and have a man beat to a pulp because he's standing too close to her luggage... a woman such as that liking Diana is not the most glowing endorsement you can find.
    I was wondering if it would be Jillfoser or Marv2 in this thread first to say some bat-crazy shit about Patti and Diana. I guess the winner is Jill.

Well we all have our viewpoints and we should all squelch the negative.

Marv has been in a class by himself for negative and mean postings. Even if he is Mary's ex or Mary's manager, there is no excuse for it.

But I have always wondered what the explanation is for Patti's luggage incident. It sounded very bad. But as we all know, half of what we read these days is inaccurate.

Marv has been in a class by himself for negative and mean postings. Even if he is Mary's ex or Mary's manager, there is no excuse for it.

But I have always wondered what the explanation is for Patti's luggage incident. It sounded very bad. But as we all know, half of what we read these days is inaccurate.
    DetroitLives313/Marvs been too busy bashing Diane Ross in this Diane at the Hollywod Bowl clip which again make me wonder why go to a Diane Ross youtube clip to trash a women he claims he dont care or think about lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgsdWhul18k

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 11-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Some pretty vicious comments over on that Youtube video. I think one of the responses refers to Marv's occupation!

Some pretty vicious comments over on that Youtube video. I think one of the responses refers to Marv's occupation!
    All those people are who make those comments are disgusting and need to hang they heads in shame jobeterob.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

The Patti Labelle luggage incident was fully discussed on this site at the time.

144: whatever happened? Was it something overblown and misrepresented by the sensationalist press? Or was some settlement come to?

I seent it on the news it was vishus I couldn't beleve patti would do it

smark21 Guest
    I’m going to have to agree with Jill Foster on this one. I wonder if Patti settled out of court on this? For years she’s been throwing some awful tantrums. She seems to have anger management issues which she tends to blame on menopause. She’s been going through the change of life for years now. I also suspect that Jobetrob would not be rushing to defend Patti if she had said in her Oprah interview she still has a grudge against Miss Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    The Patti Labelle luggage incident was fully discussed on this site at the time.
    Yeah and I was PRETTY upset with Patti at the time. It might've been settled because it's been two years. Makes me think that other settlement was done too. Patti didn't want anything else to blemish her good name and I'm sure it was handled in private. That was a very bad time for Patti.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I’m going to have to agree with Jill Foster on this one. I wonder if Patti settled out of court on this? For years she’s been throwing some awful tantrums. She seems to have anger management issues which she tends to blame on menopause. She’s been going through the change of life for years now. I also suspect that Jobetrob would not be rushing to defend Patti if she had said in her Oprah interview she still has a grudge against Miss Ross.
    I loved her music but when she stood by and let her bodyguards beat up and bloody that cadet I lose all respect for Miss Patti Labelle. She didnt settle out of court and the trail is about to begin.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/c...rport-assault/

Delayed from going to trial for more the two years, a high-profile case involving an army cadet and members of Patti LaBelle's entourage has finally made its way to a Harris County criminal courthouse.

Houston native Richard King was in his last semester at West Point in March 2011 when he was brutally attacked by Efrem Holmes — a bodyguard for the Grammy Award-winning singer — at Bush Intercontinental Airport. King says the assault was unprovoked, but LaBelle's attorneys claim the army cadet shouted racial slurs.

The then-23-year-old cadet had just arrived from Newark to meet his family for spring break. Lawyers for both parties agreed in court on Tuesday that he had been drinking heavily during and after his flight, according to the Chronicle.

From that moment, King says he remembers nothing . . . only waking up the next morning with staples in his head.

King says the a​ssault was unprovoked, while LaBelle's attorneys claim the cadet shouted racial slurs.

Legal documents describe a confrontation that landed the drunken student in an area hospital. Holmes told police King punched LaBelle's son Zuri Edwards, who was driving the limo, in the face. The bodyguard claims he simply defended Edwards by pushing King, who slammed his head on a concrete pillar.

The cadet was promptly kicked out of West Point for his behavior, thanks to an alleged phone call from the Houston Police Department. He was allowed to return and graduate a semester later.

But a different picture emerged when video surveillance of the incident surface a month later. Security cameras recorded Edwards chest bumping King. When the cadet pushed back, Holmes slammed King with an open hand and shoved him against the concrete pillar. The student was left sitting in a pool of blood.

Based on the video footage, Holmes was charged with aggravated assault in July 2011. His current Harris County criminal trial is expected to last several days.

Meanwhile, King has filed a million-dollar civil suit against Holmes, Edwards and LaBelle, with a legal petition calling his alleged assailants "violent, paid thugs who have no qualms about assaulting innocent people."

Lawyers for the celebrated singer counter sued, claiming that "King directed profane and racial slurs toward LaBelle." According to this suit, when Edwards told King that LaBelle was his mother, the drunken cadet punched him in the face. The civil case, now in a federal district court, will go to trial in September 2014.

Thanks for posting that Roberta.

Patti and her buds could be some of the many people caught in the act by surveillance cameras.

This one looks loaded against them.

supremester Guest
    WARNING: THIS CONTAINS NEGATIVITY

The West point Cadet Case was very interesting. I had heard AWFUL Patti stories but they could be false, exagggggerated or incorrect by mistake - even though there were a lot of them. I met a makeup artist in Palm Springs who told me stories that made my skin crawl, then he realized he had blabbed and made me promise not to repeat any because he had signed a gag order to work on Miss Patti. He said no one likes to work on her and for a big awards show - no one will. She can only get quality work when there is none, but at busy times, she is avoided.
    Anyhoo........Patti & Co told the police all kinds of lies about the airport event and the kid was kicked out of West Point. Then the videos started to pop up and showed that Patti was lying about everything except that she was in Houston and he was reinstated. Criminal charges have been filed on some of Patti's entourage. There are also civil suits pending.

On the water throwing lawsuit: Patti settled out of court for 100,000.00 and the victim is donating the entire sum to a children's charity.

I admire Patti's talent and play "I Think About You" hourly, but I can't stand her. I hate seeing her feet, rolling around the stage, eating chicken and rice as part of her act, 40 minute vocal runs on one syllable and her phoniness [[that I perceive.) The Oprah interview was, IMHO, a bore, a chore and a snore. I don't think either one said a thing that wasn't planned or scripted and I do not feel, for one millisecond, that Patti loves Miss Ross' talent - or even understands it. It's OK, it's TV and a form of entertainment - it doesn't have to be real in terms of content. If you are watching, that's the purpose - not the truth or even a suggestion of it.
    I think Patti looks better now than she ever has and as soon as I can fit into Mary's dressing room, I gonna have my face done by who did Patti - she looks fucking fantastic! She used to look just plain ugly and now she looks amazing, 35, and not a sign of any surgery at all. She's got 11 years on me and I look 40 years older.

Last edited by supremester; 11-07-2013 at 01:44 AM.

It was nice to hear that Patti had berried the hatchet with Diana. She said some good things and I have to agree that Labelle were innovators with their stage wear. Oprah didn't ask her anything about the lawsuits. I like what she said that Pattie & The Bluebelles were real singer and she mention each one by name including Cindy. The thing that strike me about Patti is that she's seems to be a bully, but have become a bit more humble.

One more thing can you all leave that youtube Bulls--t on the youtube sight

supremester Guest
    She is not a well woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    DetroitLives313/Marvs been too busy bashing Diane Ross in this Diane at the Hollywod Bowl clip which again make me wonder why go to a Diane Ross youtube clip to trash a women he claims he dont care or think about lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgsdWhul18k

Roberta

I loved her music but when she stood by and let her bodyguards beat up and bloody that cadet I lose all respect for Miss Patti Labelle. She didnt settle out of court and the trail is about to begin.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/c...rport-assault/
    Uh oh... nevermind lol but why next year? Jesus the justice system is a mess. Either Patti will settle or she'll lose. It really doesn't look good in her case.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    WARNING: THIS CONTAINS NEGATIVITY

The West point Cadet Case was very interesting. I had heard AWFUL Patti stories but they could be false, exagggggerated or incorrect by mistake - even though there were a lot of them. I met a makeup artist in Palm Springs who told me stories that made my skin crawl, then he realized he had blabbed and made me promise not to repeat any because he had signed a gag order to work on Miss Patti. He said no one likes to work on her and for a big awards show - no one will. She can only get quality work when there is none, but at busy times, she is avoided.
    Anyhoo........Patti & Co told the police all kinds of lies about the airport event and the kid was kicked out of West Point. Then the videos started to pop up and showed that Patti was lying about everything except that she was in Houston and he was reinstated. Criminal charges have been filed on some of Patti's entourage. There are also civil suits pending.

On the water throwing lawsuit: Patti settled out of court for 100,000.00 and the victim is donating the entire sum to a children's charity.

I admire Patti's talent and play "I Think About You" hourly, but I can't stand her. I hate seeing her feet, rolling around the stage, eating chicken and rice as part of her act, 40 minute vocal runs on one syllable and her phoniness [[that I perceive.) The Oprah interview was, IMHO, a bore, a chore and a snore. I don't think either one said a thing that wasn't planned or scripted and I do not feel, for one millisecond, that Patti loves Miss Ross' talent - or even understands it. It's OK, it's TV and a form of entertainment - it doesn't have to be real in terms of content. If you are watching, that's the purpose - not the truth or even a suggestion of it.
    I think Patti looks better now than she ever has and as soon as I can fit into Mary's dressing room, I gonna have my face done by who did Patti - she looks fucking fantastic! She used to look just plain ugly and now she looks amazing, 35, and not a sign of any surgery at all. She's got 11 years on me and I look 40 years older.
    Thanks supremester on that water throwing incident. How long you think that civil case with the cadet will last?

supremester Guest
    I have no idea - I'm guessing there will be a plea. There's video proof - once it was shown, everyone reversed their opinions. West Point let the kid back in, The police pressed charges against Patti's group and there may be charges pending for lying to officers while reporting a crime. Patti will spend bank on defense and lose, so I'm certain there will be a plea if they can get a no jail time gig. There isn't much lower than a rich bitch sitting there watching her thugs beat a drunk kid who may one day lay down his life for this country.

There are two separate actions - civil & criminal.

Generally, if there is a guilty finding in a criminal trial, there will be a civil trial settlement fairly quickly.

Patti Labelle doesn't appear to be charged in the criminal case. Members of her entourage are.

As they are her employees, civilly, she or her company that employs them [[if she has one) have likely been sued as well.

supremester Guest
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it was Patti being charged unless it's the false police report thingy. In that Oprah interview, it had several clips of Patti Patti-ing around and that one where she brings the crowd to it's feet is quite effective.

I have no idea - I'm guessing there will be a plea. There's video proof - once it was shown, everyone reversed their opinions. West Point let the kid back in, The police pressed charges against Patti's group and there may be charges pending for lying to officers while reporting a crime. Patti will spend bank on defense and lose, so I'm certain there will be a plea if they can get a no jail time gig. There isn't much lower than a rich bitch sitting there watching her thugs beat a drunk kid who may one day lay down his life for this country.
    It really is sad because up until that point, I thought Patti was better than this.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it was Patti being charged unless it's the false police report thingy. In that Oprah interview, it had several clips of Patti Patti-ing around and that one where she brings the crowd to it's feet is quite effective.
    I loved that scene. The people are with her when she does songs like "You Are My Friend" and "Over the Rainbow", those two are probably her signature songs besides "Lady Marmalade", "If Only You Knew" and "Love, Need and Want You".

supremester Guest
    For me, she could just do I Think About You and be done with it. I have never gotten over that record. Queen Martha used to do Patti's You'll Never Walk Alone arrangement and it was stunning.......sensational.

How about On My Own?

In the video Roberta posted the URL for, someone refers to Marv as one of Mary's personal assistants; hopefully using the phrase liberally and generically.

supremester Guest
    I know it's sacrilege, but On My Own is not my cup of tea. Amazing as Patti is, somehow I just don't seem to connect with her like I do Gladys, Queen Ree, Dionne, Jhud, Martha and Miss Ross.
    Marv? I don't know about them. He loves her dearly, and knows she does not approve of his online rants - but he doesn't love her enough to honor that wish. THAT'S how strong his Miss Ross angst is......he doesn't even care what Mary thinks about it. Scary.

For me, she could just do I Think About You and be done with it. I have never gotten over that record. Queen Martha used to do Patti's You'll Never Walk Alone arrangement and it was stunning.......sensational.
    I forgot about I Think About You. Never heard Martha's version of "You'll Never Walk Alone". But if I did, I haven't heard it in a while. Technically, M&TV did their version before Patti [[1963 with Martha and the Vandellas and 1964 with Patti and the Bluebelles).
    Last edited by midnightman; 11-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

smark21 Guest
    My favorite Patti LaBelle recording is Somebody Loves You from 1990/91. She got to show off the power of her voice, yet delivered a restrained [[for Patti) performance that delivered the message and the story of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    My favorite Patti LaBelle recording is Somebody Loves You from 1990/91. She got to show off the power of her voice, yet delivered a restrained [[for Patti) performance that delivered the message and the story of the song.
    You know what's funny, in many of her studio recordings, especially during the '70s, she did show a lot of restraint.

Especially on the It's Alright with Me album and really was in restraint during most of I'm in Love Again but she was convinced she had to bring out the gospel on nearly every song lol

"Somebody Loves You" was a perfect song for her. It was kind of the sequel to "If Only You Knew" but more pop-ish.

I dunno about you all, but I call BS on Patti.

First off, she completely ignores Oprah's comments/question about "onstage singing". Clearly Oprah is asking about "Motown Returns to the Apollo" incident when Patti snatches the mic out of Diana's hands and proceeds to blow Diana [[vocally) out of the water.

Next, this story about the "gold lame' suits". I don't buy it. Why would The Supremes go onstage AFTER Patti/The Bluebelles in the SAME outfits. Why would Patti be pissed? Wouldn't it be the Supremes that looked like fools, wearing the same outfits as the act right before them?

Lastly [[and I did not see the whole interview, just the clip posted above, so I don't know for certain that Patti addressed it, although she did mention Cindy by name.....and she has mentioned something in the past.....), what, if ANYTHING, did Diana have to do with "stealing" Cindy Birdsong? Wouldn't this decision have been Berry's? Or clearly, Cindy's? So if anything, if Patti is pissed at Diana, she is focusing her anger on the wrong person.

It seems like clearly Patti has some "issues". Some that stem from 40+ years ago; some as recent as a few years ago. What 60+ year old woman who wants respect ACTS the way she does? What makes her so special? She's supposedly all godly; well, God don't like UGLY. It's a shame because I love me some Patti LaBelle music, but I can't support an artist that truly is a DIVA [[and not in the good sense).

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I dunno about you all, but I call BS on Patti.

First off, she completely ignores Oprah's comments/question about "onstage singing". Clearly Oprah is asking about "Motown Returns to the Apollo" incident when Patti snatches the mic out of Diana's hands and proceeds to blow Diana [[vocally) out of the water.

Next, this story about the "gold lame' suits". I don't buy it. Why would The Supremes go onstage AFTER Patti/The Bluebelles in the SAME outfits. Why would Patti be pissed? Wouldn't it be the Supremes that looked like fools, wearing the same outfits as the act right before them?

Lastly [[and I did not see the whole interview, just the clip posted above, so I don't know for certain that Patti addressed it, although she did mention Cindy by name.....and she has mentioned something in the past.....), what, if ANYTHING, did Diana have to do with "stealing" Cindy Birdsong? Wouldn't this decision have been Berry's? Or clearly, Cindy's? So if anything, if Patti is pissed at Diana, she is focusing her anger on the wrong person.

It seems like clearly Patti has some "issues". Some that stem from 40+ years ago; some as recent as a few years ago. What 60+ year old woman who wants respect ACTS the way she does? What makes her so special? She's supposedly all godly; well, God don't like UGLY. It's a shame because I love me some Patti LaBelle music, but I can't support an artist that truly is a DIVA [[and not in the good sense).
    I don't know why Oprah felt it was necessary to bring the supposed feud with Diana up. It is really old news. And I notice that Oprah didn't bring it up to when Diana appeared on her show.

But I think its nice that Patti and Diana are friendly now. But even Patti admitted that the turnaround is rather recent. Even on her tv series LIVING IT UP, she mentioned the Cindy situation [[almost 40 years after the fact) and said that at the time, she wanted to go to Detroit "and cut me some Diana up."

She mentioned the outfit scenario in her book. Diana apparently bought some outfits that were similar to the Bluebelles', and Patti called her into her dressing room for a private chat. Martha Reeves has accused Diana of the same, so I don't think its that far-fetched. Plus these are all teenagers we're talking about. However, I don't think that the Supremes followed the Bluebelles on stage. When they were sharing bills, the Bluebelles had a few hit records while the Supremes had none. So I can see Patti and the Bluebelles being upset over having to follow the Supremes in similar outfits. It would make them look like copycats.

I must admit that I find it interesting in the scenarios above, Diana is always the villian. I mean, she wasn't wearing the outfits by herself. Unless Mary and Flo were blind, they knew what the competition was wearing as well. Once again, teenagers.

And to be fair, Patti didn't snatch the mike from Diana at the Apollo. Diana called her over and gave it to her. The only problem was that Diana intended to pass the mike around, and Patti wanted to keep it, complaining later that it was like someone taking away her "lollipop."

But dirty water under the bridge, I guess. It was nice a few years back to hear Patti refer to Diana as a good buddy when they shared the bill at the DIVAS WITH HEART concert. I would hope that all of them [[if there is any angst) can let go of the stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't know why Oprah felt it was necessary to bring the supposed feud with Diana up. It is really old news. And I notice that Oprah didn't bring it up to when Diana appeared on her show.

But I think its nice that Patti and Diana are friendly now. But even Patti admitted that the turnaround is rather recent. Even on her tv series LIVING IT UP, she mentioned the Cindy situation [[almost 40 years after the fact) and said that at the time, she wanted to go to Detroit "and cut me some Diana up."

She mentioned the outfit scenario in her book. Diana apparently bought some outfits that were similar to the Bluebelles', and Patti called her into her dressing room for a private chat. Martha Reeves has accused Diana of the same, so I don't think its that far-fetched. Plus these are all teenagers we're talking about. However, I don't think that the Supremes followed the Bluebelles on stage. When they were sharing bills, the Bluebelles had a few hit records while the Supremes had none. So I can see Patti and the Bluebelles being upset over having to follow the Supremes in similar outfits. It would make them look like copycats.

I must admit that I find it interesting in the scenarios above, Diana is always the villian. I mean, she wasn't wearing the outfits by herself. Unless Mary and Flo were blind, they knew what the competition was wearing as well. Once again, teenagers.

And to be fair, Patti didn't snatch the mike from Diana at the Apollo. Diana called her over and gave it to her. The only problem was that Diana intended to pass the mike around, and Patti wanted to keep it, complaining later that it was like someone taking away her "lollipop."

But dirty water under the bridge, I guess. It was nice a few years back to hear Patti refer to Diana as a good buddy when they shared the bill at the DIVAS WITH HEART concert. I would hope that all of them [[if there is any angst) can let go of the stupid stuff.
    Well some Supremes fans harbor grugdes for over 40 years so Im not real surprised to read that Miss Patti harbor grudges although its real sad imo to carry such negativity in your heart.

Roberta

Well some Supremes fans harbor grugdes for over 40 years so Im not real surprised to read that Miss Patti harbor grudges although its real sad imo to carry such negativity in your heart.

Roberta
    It's not sad at all, it's healthy. Just as soon as you forget about a grudge it leaves you open to get screwed AGAIN. Never forget. So, do you think those jews should quit holding a grudge about that holocaust? After all, it was 70 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    It's not sad at all, it's healthy. Just as soon as you forget about a grudge it leaves you open to get screwed AGAIN. Never forget. So, do you think those jews should quit holding a grudge about that holocaust? After all, it was 70 years ago.
    OMG............"those jews" thats right up there with "you people" imo. And it isnt healthy to hold grudges its real freeing and enlightning to always remember but to forgive and move on. To equate "that" holocaust" as you so tackily put it, to a grudge against the Supremes hiring Cindy Birdsong away from LaBelle is real real tacky and very extremely offensive to the memory of the 8 milion people who were brutally slaughtered in Nazi Germany.

Roberta

OMG............"those jews" thats right up there with "you people" imo. And it isnt healthy to hold grudges its real freeing and enlightning to always remember but to forgive and move on. To equate "that" holocaust" as you so tackily put it, to a grudge against the Supremes hiring Cindy Birdsong away from LaBelle is real real tacky and very extremely offensive to the memory of the 8 milion people who were brutally slaughtered in Nazi Germany.

Roberta
    You sound like a nut!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You sound like a nut!
    So you have no problem with him equating a Patti Labelle Diane Ross fued with the Holocaust. Cant say Im real surprised.

Now why dont you mind your own business marv2 and get back to youtube and post more disgusting comments.

I don't think Patti Labelle did much of anything wrong at the Apollo. If anything, it might have been that she held on to the mic too long, but nothing else.

But Diana wanted to give the mic to Patti, she motioned for her to step over and sing, she gave her the microphone. And Patti did not hold on all that long. And many many other singers had their solo turns during the song.

If only Mary Wilson had managed to be as gracious at Motown 25, we would have had two concerts that were huge celebrations of landmarks - Motown's anniversary and the Apollo.

Later in the song that Diana and Patti shared, Stevie Wonder is shown sitting at the keyboards crying from the emotion of the event.

All in all, that was a job very well done.

I don't think Patti Labelle did much of anything wrong at the Apollo. If anything, it might have been that she held on to the mic too long, but nothing else.

But Diana wanted to give the mic to Patti, she motioned for her to step over and sing, she gave her the microphone. And Patti did not hold on all that long. And many many other singers had their solo turns during the song.

If only Mary Wilson had managed to be as gracious at Motown 25, we would have had two concerts that were huge celebrations of landmarks - Motown's anniversary and the Apollo.

Later in the song that Diana and Patti shared, Stevie Wonder is shown sitting at the keyboards crying from the emotion of the event.

All in all, that was a job very well done.
    Looking at that scene with Diana, Patti right near her and some others singing at the end, I can see why Stevie [[and George Michael too) got emotional.