[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll take a look again, especially for George. I hadn't noticed that before. But that was a special concert and finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    OMG............"those jews" thats right up there with "you people" imo. And it isnt healthy to hold grudges its real freeing and enlightning to always remember but to forgive and move on. To equate "that" holocaust" as you so tackily put it, to a grudge against the Supremes hiring Cindy Birdsong away from LaBelle is real real tacky and very extremely offensive to the memory of the 8 milion people who were brutally slaughtered in Nazi Germany.

Roberta
    So tell me, Oh politically correct one, just how should I have phrased my sentence when referring to a group of people? Please elighten us with your knowledge, and then I will bow down and anoint your feet with oil.

A classic concert and performance. Love the stills at the end. In retrospect, I wish we could have had a solo line or two from Mary Wells and Martha Reeves.

Yeah, Patti sounded like somebody was rapin her cooch with a weed eater! I saw MAvis Staple in there, too, would rather have heard some from Martha and Mavis!

smark21 Guest
    Only someone sick would find an equivalency between a professional rivalry between two singers and the holocaust. Really Jill? You think the problems between Diana Ross and Patti LaBelle are on the same level as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifIFN...has_verified=1

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Only someone sick would find an equivalency between a professional rivalry between two singers and the holocaust. Really Jill? You think the problems between Diana Ross and Patti LaBelle are on the same level as this:

so I guess your'e saying it's fine to hold a grudge as long as it's big enough. Ok.. just wanted clarification.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    so I guess your'e saying it's fine to hold a grudge as long as it's big enough. Ok.. just wanted clarification.
    No, what Jewish people feel toward the holocaust is much larger and more complex than a “grudge”. And that’s the problem with your posts on this topic today—you’ve trivialized an historical atrocity. You just don’t get it, and I doubt you ever will. You’re hopeless. And pitiful.

Smark: Thanks for the posting of the video. Remembrance Day is an appropriate time to remember how dreadful were the things that occurred.

Judging from chart history, the Bluebelles were impressive only as performers but they had minimal chart success and their first record wasn't even theirs [[Patti's admission). I find it funny no one has asked Mary Wilson about them opening for the Bluebelles.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

Oh hes sick alright and his terrible choice in words specificaly "those jews" and "that holocaust" is real telling and real disturbing imo.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    Help! I'm stuck in Mary's dressing room and I can't get out! I guess as one of "those jews" I can expect to be much thinner so I'll be out of the dressing room soon. And people think I"M negative! GEEESH. My sister brought the Anne Frank exhibit to town in 1992. It was an interfaith effort and in spite of death threats from White Supremacists, Nazis and KKK - it was a mind boggling success and was at capacity for it's extended 5 month run. Survivors spoke every hour and I had the privilege of speaking to a woman who told me horrors that I'll never get over hearing........just hearing. There was an overwhelming number of young people who had no idea WWII was "so violent." Maybe Jillfoster is unaware of what went on. My 20 year old called me from school [[98% white rich kids)yesterday furious because footage of the civil rights movement and MLK were greeted with snores and ambivalence because "that was ancient history and bigotry is a thing of the past." Her experience, unfortunately, has taught her differently. When I was 20, I didn't know anyone who thought that way and none of my black friends or BFs ever talked about it so I assumed racism was a thing of the past except for All In The Family. My first 2 days at Duke in Durham, NC woke me up real fast. Maybe jillfoster was unaware that the luckiest of the 8 million slaughtered were the ones who went before their loved ones or weren't subjected to heinous medical experiments and/or torture.
    Oh hes sick alright and his terrible choice in words specificaly "those jews" and "that holocaust" is real telling and real disturbing imo.

Roberta
    Last edited by supremester; 11-09-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Help! I'm stuck in Mary's dressing room and I can't get out! I guess as one of "those jews" I can expect to be much thinner so I'll be out of the dressing room soon. And people think I"M negative! GEEESH. My sister brought the Anne Frank exhibit to town in 1992. It was an interfaith effort and in spite of death threats from White Supremacists, Nazis and KKK - it was a mind boggling success and was at capacity for it's extended 5 month run. Survivors spoke every hour and I had the privilege of speaking to a woman who told me horrors that I'll never get over hearing........just hearing. There was an overwhelming number of young people who had no idea WWII was "so violent." Maybe Jillfoster is unaware of what went on. My 20 year old called me from school [[98% white rich kids)yesterday furious because footage of the civil rights movement and MLK were greeted with snores and ambivalence because "that was ancient history and bigotry is a thing of the past." Her experience, unfortunately, has taught her differently. When I was 20, I didn't know anyone who thought that way and none of my black friends or BFs ever talked about it so I assumed racism was a thing of the past except for All In The Family. My first 2 days at Duke in Durham, NC woke me up real fast. Maybe jillfoster was unaware that the luckiest of the 8 million slaughtered were the ones who went before their loved ones or weren't subjected to heinous medical experiments and/or torture.
    There is no comparison to the Holocaust. Nothing at Motown was even close to the horrors of the Holocaust. I am sickened by such a comparison.

Penny

I enjoyed Patti's interview. She seemed more mellow, and wiser than in past years. I wish that when it came to her Diana story that Oprah didn't interrupt her and let her talk. I've seen and read a couple of interviews over the last couple of years where Patti states that she and Diana are real friends now. From what I recall, she said that Diana asked her a real personal question, and Patti said that she would get the information for her and call her back, they exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since. I think that they were cool before that even- but became real girlfriends after they had a chance to really talk.

Diana and Patti

Name:  dianapatti1.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  38.3 KB

Diana and PattiName:  dianapatti.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  50.9 KB

Diana and Patti

Name:  dianapatti2.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  53.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Yes, dear... that's why I said it's good to hold the grudge, because it never lets the perpetrators forget, or anyone else for that matter. Read my post again.

although its real sad imo to carry such negativity in your heart.

Roberta
    So is that why you mention Marv's youtube postings every mother fucking day of the year?

Yes, dear... that's why I said it's good to hold the grudge, because it never lets the perpetrators forget, or anyone else for that matter. Read my post again.
    Now he backtracks.

Now he backtracks.
    I didn't backtrack a damn thing, read my original post.

It's not sad at all, it's healthy. Just as soon as you forget about a grudge it leaves you open to get screwed AGAIN. Never forget. So, do you think those jews should quit holding a grudge about that holocaust? After all, it was 70 years ago.
    Here is my original post. I say very CLEARLY said that as soon as you let a grudge go, it leaves you open to get screwed again. Can you read?

So is that why you mention Marv's youtube postings every mother fucking day of the year?
    I dont recall mentioning marvs homophobic youtube attacks every day of the year you are exagerating again Foster. However Im bemused [[not shocked as your crass and tasteless posts are past shocking any of us) that as a Gay man hateful homophobia doesnt offend you.

Here is my original post. I say very CLEARLY said that as soon as you let a grudge go, it leaves you open to get screwed again. Can you read?
    Comparing a rumored silly feud between two singers and the extermination of 8 million of "those jews" in "that holocaust" [[your words not mine) is highly offensive and rel real dumb and if you cant see that then you are sicker than I originally thought.

Did you notice my words in there NEVER FORGET? I was talking about grudges in GENERAL, not saying that Patti and Diana's bitchcraft and wiggitry is any comparison in degree to the holocaust, just that "Whether it's big or small, it's best not to let it go". Now does that make it clear enough, you dumb bitch?

I didn't backtrack a damn thing, read my original post.
    I think youve said enough on this subject. Your silly grudges are NOTHING compare to the innocent slaughtering of 8 million jews, gipsies and homosexuals. Now have the good taste to either apologize or leave this thread.

I dont recall mentioning marvs homophobic youtube attacks every day of the year you are exagerating again Foster. However Im bemused [[not shocked as your crass and tasteless posts are past shocking any of us) that as a Gay man hateful homophobia doesnt offend you.
    Oh, I'm sorry.. you might have skipped 3 or 4 days. Do you really want me to provide links to over 100 posts of you mentioning Marv;'s youtube posts, cause I can do it.

I think youve said enough on this subject. Your silly grudges are NOTHING compare to the innocent slaughtering of 8 million jews, gipsies and homosexuals. Now have the good taste to either apologize or leave this thread.
    You just need to be able to understand what people are saying and not twist shit around just because you don't like them. And I don't have to do a damn thing you say.

Oh, I'm sorry.. you might have skipped 3 or 4 days. Do you really want me to provide links to over 100 posts of you mentioning Marv;'s youtube posts, cause I can do it.
    Defend a homophobe and bully or repost links? I dont give a darn what you do Foster but listen and listen good. DONT push your luck mister cause you skating on real thin ice.

You just need to be able to understand what people are saying and not twist shit around just because you don't like them. And I don't have to do a damn thing you say.
    Oh I understand perfectly what you said about "them jews" and "that holocaust" and so do many many others. Now youve been busted you go on the attack but your not conning anyone my dear.

Oh I understand perfectly what you said about "them jews" and "that holocaust" and so do many many others. Now youve been busted you go on the attack but your not conning anyone my dear.
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I was supposed to refer to a group of people and tiptoe around your delicate sensibilities at the same time. What words should I have used? And in what order, mein Fuhrer? Oh, and as everyone can read, I made no statements in my original post about jewish people, I asked you a QUESTION if you thought they should still hold a grudge. And you didn't answer, although in the context of my posting, it was obvious I felt they SHOULD.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 11-09-2013 at 10:51 PM.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I was supposed to refer to a group of people and tiptoe around your delicate sensibilities at the same time. What words should I have used? And in what order, mein Fuhrer?
    You shouldve had the good taste not to even mention the holocaust and brutal murder of 8 million people at the hands of the Nazis in a silly thread about some silly fued between Diane Ross and Patti Labelle. To even try to put the extermination of 8 million innocent souls on an equal level of two singers reportedlly fighting is insulting and insensitive and conteptuous imo and if you dont have the sense to see that then youve got some real,issues you nedd to be dealing with.

And kindly dont EVER EVER EVER call me mein fuhrer AGAIN. How DARE you invoke the name of the murdering evil Hitler with my good name sir.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 11-09-2013 at 10:58 PM.

You shouldve had the good taste not to even mention the holocaust and brutal murder of 8 million people at the hands of the Nazis in a silly thread about some silly fued between Diane Ross and Patti Labelle. To even try to put the extermination of 8 million innocent souls on an equal level of two singers reportedlly fighting is insulting and insensitive and conteptuous imo and if you dont have the sense to see that then youve got some real,issues you nedd to be dealing with.

And kindly dont EVER EVER EVER call me mein fuhrer AGAIN. How DARE you invoke the name of the murdering evil Hitler with my good name sir.
    I didn't put them on an equal level... YOU did, in an attempt to smear me. Your stupidity would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I didn't put them on an equal level... YOU did, in an attempt to smear me. Your stupidity would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
    Smear you. Dont make me laugh you do a real good job of smearing yourself and speaking of smearing I would call comparing me to the murdering bast**d hitler a real disgusting smear job and it shows what a contemptuos vile pr**k you really are Foster.

Smear you. Dont make me laugh you do a real good job of smearing yourself and speaking of smearing I would call comparing me to the murdering bast**d hitler a real disgusting smear job and it shows what a contemptuos vile pr**k you really are Foster.
    It's so funny to read the musings of simpletons.

I will just say Patti has a lot of drama and its part of her persona. Its what make Patti .....Patti.

Jackee does it as well and Vesta [[RIP) had the same style. If you watch any of Mary Wilson's reviews "today" she has captured the same twist. You have to weed between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I will just say Patti has a lot of drama and its part of her persona. Its what make Patti .....Patti.

Jackee does it as well and Vesta [[RIP) had the same style. If you watch any of Mary Wilson's reviews "today" she has captured the same twist. You have to weed between the lines.
    Good point. God I miss Vesta!

supremester Guest
    Tumi makes a great bag that is perfect for holding grudges. It has handles plus both removable backpack straps and shoulder strap so it's easy to carry your grudges with you at all time - wherever you go. A wheeled version is expected for fall '14. I have one in Hickory but now I think I wish I had it in Anthracite instead. What do you think? Here it is pictured in Hickory - it not only holds all my grudges, but organizes them as well! http://www.tumi.com/product/index.js...ndSrc=paramNav

Last edited by supremester; 11-10-2013 at 05:33 AM.

I must apologize for using cuss word bad language yesterday. i allow someone to get under my skin and resorted to filthy words and for that Im real real sorry.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday everyone.

Roberta