[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I actually enjoyed Florence's jazzy take of "The Impossible Dream", I know a lot of people don't like it but for some reason I do. The only other tracks from her solo album I liked are "Forever Faithful" [[which also features her doing background vocals) and "My Heart". I think the biggest problem with Flo's solo album was the arrangements, they sound very cheap to me.

Second is something sounds wrong with Florence's voice. It's much deeper and raspier than it was a couple of years before. Of course the drinking, smoking cigarettes and fatigue from pregnancy can all explain this but still if it was the pregnancy thing she should have waited till after she gave birth to record an album. She also just sounds really bored on all of the songs too and she was just half-assing it.

As for her solos in the Supremes I loved all of them especially the unpopular "People" LOL, I just love her vocal at the end of the song when she does that "People who need Peopaaaaaaaaaaal!". I loved her soft and sexy vocal on the alternate version of "It Makes No Difference Now" as well as her more soulful take on the regular album version. Overall as much as I love me some Flo, she just didn't have the patience or willpower. And like she sings in "Forever Faithful"..."I have no one but myself to blame" When she threw her drink in Mr. Gordy's face [[literally and figuratively), her fate was sealed. I often wonder how she would have done if she started recording again 1976 like she planned to.
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 11-10-2013 at 10:06 AM.