[REMOVE ADS]

View Poll Results: Who are you happier to see leave?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry King

0 0%
  • Oprah Winfrey

3 100.00%
    pshark Guest

Larry King Vs Oprah

Since both of these tv hosts are leaving I'd thought put this poll together.
    Who are you happpier to see leave Larry or Oprah?
    I really don't watch Oprah, really not for me. Larry King on the hand had some interesting guests. And his show is live and Oprah is taped. Get out there and vote

I will miss Larry King, though he is getting a little slow on the draw. He's had a good run and he will still be around for an occasional interview every now and then.

I really don't care either way.

Larry King was often clueless about his guests and if he had a clue, he would ask the most insipid questions, or get his facts wrong. I'll never forget how Paul McCartney chewed him out on the air for getting John and George mixed up. But, he is still lovable, and he his friends with Snoop Dog!

I always had issues with Oprah. I respect that she's a self-made woman, and the richest Black woman on the planet, and all the good she has done.. However, she started her show relentlessly bashing men at every opportunity, so much so that her show was boycotted. It made her show a big hit with woman, but men openly criticized her. She eventually publically apologized for it, and vowed never to do it again. Yes, guys, I know her history, but that's no excuse!

Next, She decided she was better than everyone else and declared herself above all the other daytime talk shows. Then she proclaimed herself the moral authority of all that is good. By then, her fans, mostly middle-aged women, elevated her to an almost god-like idol. Everything she said went. She promoted a book, it was on the best-seller list the next day. She hated something, the half the country hated it. The pied-piper of the TV screen.

pshark Guest
    Soulster, you just got George & Ringo mixed up
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/27/la...orge-harrison/
    Larry King confuses Ringo Starr with George Harrison

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2007 3:04PM

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

More ammo for the "Larry King should retire" crowd.
    On last night's show, King was interviewing Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, and during the interview, during a segment where they talked about what they were doing when John Lennon was killed, he turned to Starr and asked "George, where were you?" McCartney didn't want to let the matter drop, but Ringo just laughed it off. Harrison, of course, is dead.
    I guess it could have been worse. At least he kept the mistake in the same band. He could have called Ringo "Roger Daltrey" or "Keith Richards." I wonder what he'll call Paris Hilton tonight when he interviews her, at 9pm on CNN.
    And, yes, I know you all have ideas on what you'd like to ca

Quote Originally Posted by pshark View Post
    Soulster, you just got George & Ringo mixed up
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/27/la...orge-harrison/
    Larry King confuses Ringo Starr with George Harrison

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2007 3:04PM

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

More ammo for the "Larry King should retire" crowd.
    On last night's show, King was interviewing Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, and during the interview, during a segment where they talked about what they were doing when John Lennon was killed, he turned to Starr and asked "George, where were you?" McCartney didn't want to let the matter drop, but Ringo just laughed it off. Harrison, of course, is dead.
    I guess it could have been worse. At least he kept the mistake in the same band. He could have called Ringo "Roger Daltrey" or "Keith Richards." I wonder what he'll call Paris Hilton tonight when he interviews her, at 9pm on CNN.
    And, yes, I know you all have ideas on what you'd like to ca
    I'm old. leave me alone!

Well how many times can Larry keep interviewing Jermaine and Liza ??

I dont get to watch Oprah because of when its on. So I guess I'd take Larry.

I like that post Soulster; for me, it has the ring of truth.

I guess I've noticed in recent years that Larry sometimes is a bit off; having Jermaine Jackson on shows it a bit; I saw Jermaine on their once; he just oozed grease; I saw him once with his brothers on that show they had on some channel; and he came off as a liar or at least shifty; a C Grade semi celebrity ready to sell his Mother if need be to stay in some form of limelight.