[REMOVE ADS]

Very rare clip of the emotions aka hutchinson sunbeams

And a rare gospel clip with Lou Rawls

Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.
    Those Hutchinson harmonies had almost no peer outside of the black church in the music
    of those times. I'm so grateful to have lived through and with it....

It's a shame that style of music is passé. I'm their ages and that's what we sang in church back in the day. Sigh

Glencro, many thanks for posting these wonderful and rare clips of the Emotions. Their harmonies still thrill my ears. Years ago I managed to tape their performance of "Don't Ask My Neighbours" with Dionne Warwick on the tv program "In Living Colour." I wish I knew how to download this to share.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Glencro, many thanks for posting these wonderful and rare clips of the Emotions. Their harmonies still thrill my ears. Years ago I managed to tape their performance of "Don't Ask My Neighbours" with Dionne Warwick on the tv program "In Living Colour." I wish I knew how to download this to share.
    R. Mark, I wish you could download that too because I swear I never even
    heard of Dionne ever performing that song anywhere. I do know The Emotions and Phillip Bailey backed Nancy Wilson on it more than once.
    They loved her as much as her non famous fans did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UufN6zVYCI

Splanky, wow, that was awesome.

So glad that you all enjoyed them. These ladies own some of the greatest harmonies of all times. Even as incredible of a vocalist as Jennifer Holliday is, I get as much joy from the bgv's of the Emotions on her "Feel My Soul" album as I do Jennifer's powerhouse pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    It's a shame that style of music is passé. I'm their ages and that's what we sang in church back in the day. Sigh
    So true Nosey. This praise and worship movement that has taken over the black church reminds me of a cross between The Brady Bunch and The Partraige Family's music.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Actually the show was Robert Townsend Show The Emotions appeared with Dionne Warwick

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Actually the show was Robert Townsend Show The Emotions appeared with Dionne Warwick
    Okayyyy...Now we're getting somewhere. Now my question remains: did the two acts
    actually perform that particular song together? I ask because I can't find a trace of it yet
    on the www....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Okayyyy...Now we're getting somewhere. Now my question remains: did the two acts
    actually perform that particular song together? I ask because I can't find a trace of it yet
    on the www....
    They did. Dionne began the song on stage by herself. Then she introduced the Emotions, and they came out, sang a verse, and then joined her on the stage where they all finished the song.

That I have to see, reese!...

That I have to see, reese!...
    Hey Splanky
    Here is The Emotions with Dionne Warrick singing "Don't Ask My Neighbors"
    http://youtu.be/woWd1Tnt6kQ

Enjoy

Dang, rod_rick, you not only made my day, you practically rescued a bad week!
    THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.....

Dang, rod_rick, you not only made my day, you practically rescued a bad week!
    THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.....
    Aw you are so welcome. I like when others enjoy my favorite group of singers, The Emotions. Hope the rest of your week turn out much better.

A live track from the Wattstax LP