[REMOVE ADS]

Naked Florida Man Shot and Killed by Passing Motorist After Having His Clothes Stolen

Only in Florida. Why didn't the passerby just call the police? Oh, that's right: he was strapped and he could always stand his ground if things got out of control.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...led-passing-mo

The family of a Florida man is searching for answers after he was shot by a passing motorist while running home naked because his clothes had been stolen while at the beach.

Jandei Cherry, who The Orlando Sentinel described as a 22-year-old "free-spirited musician and doting father," had decided to run home naked last week after a friend took off with his clothes and skateboard.
    Hollywood police said that somewhere along the less than 10-mile journey back to his home, a passing motorist stopped to investigate why a nude man was running down the street. Police believed that a conflict with the motorist resulted in Cherry being fatally shot.

"It is not normal for someone to be running naked down Hollywood Boulevard," Hollywood police Lt. Osvaldo Perez explained. "I think that's what spiked the other guy's attention."

Duke Laguerre, 29, told police that he passed Cherry on highway 29 and then turned around and went back to confront him. That's when Laguerre apparently shot Cherry in the stomach, but he offered no other details about the encounter.

"The more I think about this, the more I think it makes no sense," Cherry's mother, Auta, told the Sentinel. "It is heartbreaking."

"He was running naked, yes, but he had no choice. And knowing my son he would have forgiven the man who shot him."

As of Monday, Laguerre had not been charged for shooting the 22-year-old father.

Let me see if I understand this. The shooter passed him, then turned around to confront him. To me it seems like there may be case for premeditated murder. If he did not have a cell phone he could have a)found a phone booth, b) gone into a business and asked if he could call the police. But knowing, he's packing heat so he can confront the victim. With what end in mind? He didn't even say he was going to give him a blanket. By the logic the shooter used if I don't like something about someone, I can just shoot them. Crazy!
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 10-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Wow, does everyone in Florida carry a gun.
    Did I miss something, was the shooter caccasion?
    I'm not predijuse, but it seems that a lot people carry guns in Florida
    And use them when they get ready.
    Florida scares the heck out of me.
    Ceasar

Well we know that the naked guy was not carrying a concealed weapon. What was the shooter suppose to be fearful of?

There must be something in the water down there. So many trigger happy folks running
    around I hear a lot of folks are crossing it off their retirement location list...

Apparently, the ability to carry a gun also gives the shooter the right to shoot first and ask questions later!

So the guy is running around naked...common sense would dictate that if you're gonna confront the guy, you ask him what's up, what happened, etc., rather than presume that he'd done something illegal...but no, some people just don't have that mind-set...just presume a person is guilty and administer punishment right then and there...but since when is running around naked in public punishable by death?

This ass-clown with the gun is probably gonna have a ton of people speaking in favor of him like Zimmerman did [['Oh, he's a nice guy...he wouldn't hurt anyone', etc.)...I can't see it. He needs to be charged with whatever count of manslaughter that is applicable.

Best,

Mark

People misunderstand the true purpose of "stand your ground laws". Every state in the nation already had laws governing when someone can claim self-defense. Most of these laws classified deadly force as the last reasonable act to protect yourself. Now, it can be the first act, regardless of alternatives. Consequently, if you have a gun and you start an argument and it gets out of control, you can use deadly force to protect yourself. There is no logical reason for the killer in this case to have shot the victim, but he's going to claim that the victim attacked him, so he had the right to do what he did. I guess it takes less time to grow big enough balls to start a fight with a gun in your pocket than it does to call the law in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    Apparently, the ability to carry a gun also gives the shooter the right to shoot first and ask questions later!

So the guy is running around naked...common sense would dictate that if you're gonna confront the guy, you ask him what's up, what happened, etc., rather than presume that he'd done something illegal...but no, some people just don't have that mind-set...just presume a person is guilty and administer punishment right then and there...but since when is running around naked in public punishable by death?

This ass-clown with the gun is probably gonna have a ton of people speaking in favor of him like Zimmerman did [['Oh, he's a nice guy...he wouldn't hurt anyone', etc.)...I can't see it. He needs to be charged with whatever count of manslaughter that is applicable.

Best,

Mark
    Mark you are so right! There will be whole host of people [[NRA people) will come to the shooters defense. He really has no defense. No matter what else happen, it was cold-blooded murder.

One sign that this will be similar to the Zimmeran case is the shooter was not arrested and there have been no charges brought against him yet. If they ever do arrest him, he will have had ample amount of time to develop his like, ur I mean story of that morning's events.

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Wow, does everyone in Florida carry a gun.
    Did I miss something, was the shooter caccasion?
    I'm not predijuse, but it seems that a lot people carry guns in Florida
    And use them when they get ready.
    Florida scares the heck out of me.
    Ceasar
    A LOT of people here in Arizona also carry guns. Trust me, we have these cases here too, but they don't half the publicity that the ones in Florida do.

Somehow, I don't think the race of the shooter matters in this case.

Yup. I'm staying away from Florida!

Clearly, the problem here is the "Stand your ground" law. Seems like as long as you kill someone with a gun with no eye witnesses, it's your word against the dead person's word, and they won't charge you. Killer's paradise.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.

"It wasn't in a well lit area, it was kinda dark in the bushes he was running through. I called to
    him and when he turned around to face me his cock swung up in the air and I mistook it for
    a rifle..."

"Not guilty, your honor"...

you couldnt pay me enough money to live in thew state of Florida.

I love Florida. The media has been focusing on negative stories from Florida ever since Trayvon Martin was killed. The same things that go on there are the same things that go on in every city or state in America. People that can't think for themselves and are followers have jumped on the "Florida" is crazy bandwagon.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 10-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Florida is crazy. People who can't think for themselves and are followers think otherwise. Opinions are like assholes, I guess, so you're entitled to yours even if it stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I love Florida. The media has been focusing on negative stories from Florida ever since Trayvon Martin was killed. The same things that go on there are the same things that go on in every city or state in America. People that can't think for themselves and are followers have jumped on the "Florida" is crazy bandwagon.
    That stand your ground law in Florida and everywhere is a disgrace and a sin in the eyes of God imo.

Roberta