Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
Sinead has some wise words to offer in her first open letter, but her motivations for posting it are suspect IMO. Miley Cyrus and her promotion team have done an amazing job promoting Miley and her new image. It’s been over a month since her MTV VMA performance and people are still talking about it as well as her follow up antics. She’s managed to completely steal the spotlight from Lady Gaga, no shrinking violet when it comes to seeking out publicity, and Miley is much more fun and a hell of a lot less pretentious. For her sake hopefully Miley won’t end up a near zombie like Britney and she truly has control over her marketing and image. As for Sinead, she’s just using all the buzz Miley has created to generate some buzz for herself. So I get why Miley is not terribly impressed with Sinead’s unsolicited advise. Miley’s response by mocking Sinead’s bouts with mental illness are immature and a low blow, but Sinead should be old enough now to realize that when you offer unsolicited advise in a public matter, the recipient of the advise may not take kindly to your words. I rather like the new Miley; there’s a cartoonish quality to her staging in her performances; she looks like she’s having fun and in on the joke. Hopefully that’s the case. Tomorrow night she hosts and performs on Saturday Night Live. I wouldn’t be surprised the SNL writers are quickly writing a Miley meets Sinead skit for the show.
Very well written smarts21 and in Mileys defense Sinead compare Miley to a prostitute which was real immature of Sinead imo. Here is another excerpt from her facebooks page:
Miley… Really? Who the f*&k is advising you? Because taking me on is even more fuckin' stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism.