[REMOVE ADS]

Wison Pickett - I'm In Love

The "Wicked" Pickett performing "I'm In Love" on Soul Train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8YfDtOVSE

What a tremendous performance no_place_like_motown, and it looked totally "Live" as well.

Thanks for posting.

Roger

Excellent, excellent song and rendition! Wilson Pickett was the epitome of a Soul Singer!!!!

My favorite Wicked Pickett song. Saw him live many times 1966, 67, 68.

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 10-03-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    My favorite Wicked Pickett song. Saw him live many times 1966, 67, 68.

S.S.
    Soul Sister you were lucky! We had most of his popular 45's but I never got the opportunity to see the "Wicked Pickett" live in concert. Always wanted to see him and also Ray Charles.

Great to see this, to see Wilson, Nplm. A terrific posting. Which is par for the course for you. Many thanks.

Nice to hear that others enjoyed this as much as I did, I thought it was a stellar performance. I agree with Marv's comment that Pickett was the epitome of a soul singer.

marv2,
    He was good but there were so many others on those shows too that were equally as good. Those were the days of great stage shows for soul artists, sometimes up to ten acts on one show!!

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    marv2,
    He was good but there were so many others on those shows too that were equally as good. Those were the days of great stage shows for soul artists, sometimes up to ten acts on one show!!

S.S.
    I know what you are saying is true. From the Uptown in Philly to the Fox in Detroit, you had the GIANTS of American Music [[notice how I phrased that....) performing in packaged shows. The competition had to be tremendous. They were pros. They learned from the school of hard knocks how to sing, how to perform and how to please an audience with their God given talents! They were backed by REAL musicians. Anyone that experienced that level of greatness live, was truly lucky. Look at what we have now! sigh.........

True that, marv2! Who knew we'd go from greatness in music to what we have now, lol.

S.S.