[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Ruffin's NEW ALBUM!

Hi there soul buds. I've been reading and hearing about this new album for quite a while now, but nothing concrete. Last time I heard it was supposed to come out this year.

Does anybody here know anything? What has Jimmy been up to? I was surprised that he was not part of David's Unsung episode tbh.

Thanks in advance!

You are asking the $64,000 question when you ask what has Jimmy been up to. I had not heard about his new album, but I put a thread on the forum a while back asking to see where he is now living or what he is up to but nothing concrete came out of it. He was reportedly living in the UK, then reportedly moved to Las Vegas, then reportedly moved to greater Detroit, who knows? The only thing I read when Berry gave his interview in Chicago earlier this year the pre-interview press said that Jimmy was going to be there, but after the interview, he did not show. I confirmed this with a person from the museum.

He is a great singer and performer and I would certainly like to buy anything that he releases, if and when he ever surfaces. I'm not holding my breath.l

thomas96 Guest
    I'd say more like the $100,000 tax exempt question... No one really has any clue what he's been up to. The most recent thing I heard about was fighting between him and his son who wasn't paying child support, and he was on the lady's side. I believe his son recently passed as well. That's all I know.

Sorry for bringing this old thread back up, BUT I read on Jimmy's Wikipedia page that he issued an album in 2012? The album's name is There Will Never Be Another YouI looked it up on Spotify and it's there, but I'm not really sure that's the album he was working on, because the album mentioned above is an old hits album. If anyone else here has any info I'd really appreciate it.

I find it strange that such a gifted and well known artist has been in the shadows for so long.
    Last edited by MrTopCat; 04-18-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
    Sorry for bringing this old thread back up, BUT I read on Jimmy's Wikipedia page that he issued an album in 2012? The album's name is There Will Never Be Another YouI looked it up on Spotify and it's there, but I'm not really sure that's the album he was working on. If anyone else here has any info I'd really appreciate it.

I find it strange that such a gifted and well known artist has been in the shadows for so long.
    Jimmy is good and should never be in anyone's shadow. I have not seen any information on his upcoming new album yet.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jimmy is good and should never be in anyone's shadow. I have not seen any information on his upcoming new album yet.
    I guess what I meant was that he's been out of the spotlight for far too long. Even Dennis Edwards is still touring.

The album was released in 2012 on a label I had never heard of Memo Tutti Frutti? I felt it sounded good, it is available on iTunes and Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

unfortunately no new compositions on that album....

I can't believe I wasted my precious time looking into a thread with a title leading one to think that it contained information about something that does not even exist...I think mabe
    I should start threads titled GIVING AWAY CASH and then in the first post say:
    "Is anybody???......."

I was going to post that it was due to come out the same day as Mary Wilson's album, but I won't as I don't want to upset anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    The album was released in 2012 on a label I had never heard of Memo Tutti Frutti? I felt it sounded good, it is available on iTunes and Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp
    if one listens to the samples of the Motown titles, one may be reminded of the Michael Jackson "Farewell My Summer Love 1984" or parts of "Marvin Gaye A Musical Testament 1964-1984" projects.