Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
For the record, pardon the pun, I do not wholly agree with the above list and the selections. Too much good stuff was left off and some very obscure garbage was included. See what you think.
I agree good stuff was left off. This is only 500 songs. You are BOUND to leave stuff off.

I disagree about obscure garbage. Just because you and I may not know a song- that's actually reasonable. We didnt live everywhere, listen to every radio station and go to every club.
But the list was compiled by everybody who did.
What's unreasonable [[and a bit presumptuous) is the "I dont know it/or I dont like it- therefore it must be garbage" conclusion.

That list was put together was a long time ago. I'll bet [[as a member/visitor of DM.C) that if the subject was brought up in 2010- the list would look very different. As different as a Motown top 500 list would look [[as an example) if you did it a decade apart?

I live in NYC. I am surprised sometimes when records we took for granted- ROCKED some club in Canada or San Francisco. But it happened. And just because it didnt happen in NYC dosnt make it less valid. Big world out there.....

You know how many records came out of the Chicago Disco scene that I STILL have never heard that people revere and pay HUGE money for when the 12" comes up on eBay?