[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    There's always Miami, I suppose... but for a performer of her stature, I still say Branson is the best place if she wants work. If she just wants to retire, then she could go anywhere. And yes, Marv, the property tax differences are HUGE. My sister lives in Williamson County Texas... not even close to being as expensive as New York or Orange County... and she pays 6,.500$ in property taxes, while the same value property here in Central Missouri is 800$ a year. that's what Texas and their "Look AT ME!!! WE DON'T HAVE STATE INCOME TAX!!" gets you. They just sock it to you on the local level instead.
    Jill, wow! Those are some low taxes. Michigan is low like that too. Another thing is heating costs! If Mary had the same house in the NorthEast or North Central [[i.e. Michigan, Ohio), her gas heating bills would run her $900 -1200 a month easily.

I remember when I learned what Steven Speilberg was paying in monthly eletric bills for his house near East Hampton, I nearly fell out......over $1,800 a month!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jill, wow! Those are some low taxes. Michigan is low like that too. Another thing is heating costs! If Mary had the same house in the NorthEast or North Central [[i.e. Michigan, Ohio), her gas heating bills would run her $900 -1200 a month easily.

I remember when I learned what Steven Speilberg was paying in monthly eletric bills for his house near East Hampton, I nearly fell out......over $1,800 a month!
    And our farm here is higher than some other counties. The 800$ a year is for a 150,000$ house and 40 acres of land. My Grandmother's farm [[Which we own now) is just 650$ a year, and that is a house worth 40,000$ [[1,000 square foot 120 year old farm house) and 280 acres of land! If she lived in Branson Proper, then she'd pay higher electric bills than if she lived on a rural estate. All those areas [[mine included) are covered by Non profit Electric cooperatives, so the rates are really low. But going back to that lot size, he says in the video it's 16,988 square feet. A house of that size should have a MINIMUM lot size of 1 acre, which is 43,560 square feet. So you see just how small it is.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    And our farm here is higher than some other counties. The 800$ a year is for a 150,000$ house and 40 acres of land. My Grandmother's farm [[Which we own now) is just 650$ a year, and that is a house worth 40,000$ [[1,000 square foot 120 year old farm house) and 280 acres of land! If she lived in Branson Proper, then she'd pay higher electric bills than if she lived on a rural estate. All those areas [[mine included) are covered by Non profit Electric cooperatives, so the rates are really low. But going back to that lot size, he says in the video it's 16,988 square feet. A house of that size should have a MINIMUM lot size of 1 acre, which is 43,560 square feet. So you see just how small it is.
    Jill, $800/yr. for that much property? Is there a local School District or is it Consolidated?

Yes, Mary's house should be surrounded by more land.