[REMOVE ADS]

Hot 54 year old blesses x-factor with her vocals

She is INCREDIBLE!! She reminded me of Gladys Knight in spots.

The X Factor could be really good this year. I've seen a couple of others who look good, too.

Thanks for posting, Glencro.

~~Mary~~

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    She was supurb, fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody else can go home, lol, she was off the hook, LOVE her.

Mary, I too hear shades of Gladys a bit but also the intonation of Miki Howard.

Thanks for that, Glencro.

S.S.

I had to watch her sing on youtube. For some reason that my computer has a problem with
    that ktu page.I'd never see her on xfactor but I do agree the lady can sang . I'll also bet the back story on her has to be a whale of a tail...

It was just "uncovered" that the 54 year old songstress from X-Factor previously recorded as Nicole/Nicole McCloud in the 80's. She had a few R&B/dance songs including "Don't You Want My Love" which I remember well. I would have never made the connection! I thought she was the best performer that night on X-Factor. She totally blew me away. Hopefully she will be allowed to continue on the show.

I hope this link works, read on:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality...232150447.html

"Don't You Want My Love" from 1986:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI2fWoBiPVI
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 09-15-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Well done ANPLM. I thought she sounded familiar. I have that track and I think I also have an album on her too.

Lillie makes a good point. The X Factor is the only show that would give a 54 year old a chance. All these shows are looking for young artists who appeal to a young, pop or country demographic. The producers of the show should come clean and let her continue. It's obvious the producers of The Voice select seasoned vocalists.

Does anyone remember when Jerry Lawson and his group competed on The Sing Off - the NBC acappella show? Total fairness doesn't seem to be a factor in any of the shows. Look at Dancing With The Stars. They have trained dancers competing against the untrained every season.

I thnk Lillie is fabulous and if the X Factor can give her exposure and get her a break in the gospel field, so be it!! I hope they let her continue.

~~Mary~~
    Last edited by JIVE FIVE Mary G.; 09-17-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks glencro for posting this thread. I missed out catching Nicole McCloud on X Factor and it is interesting to see some of the back story links here. I've often wondered why some out of print music is priced so outrageously high. Some obscure jazz CD's and a few of the recent sold out Hip-o Select titles come to mind.

Unfortunately a quick check on the net turned up several sealed Nicole McCloud recordings currently for sale at prices as low as under $5. Perhaps dreams of getting rich selling her 80's material may prove frustrating.

I knew ringers are placed on many of these singing competition shows. It is really not fair to contestants who don't have experience tp compete against someone who does UNLESS the amateur is beyond exceptional. BUT why didn't she just try out for Sunday Best if she eventually wants to do gospel music? Is it because Sunday's Best is on cable and X- Factor on FOX?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.

She was incredible.