[REMOVE ADS]

26 photos proving Diana Ross invented the concept of fierce

thomas96 Guest
    I love #9.

Giving great face and serving diva realness...love these photos

beyond FABULOUS!!..loving #21!

Great to see 'new' pictures after all these years. There really should be a coffee table book on her style through the years. There really is just about no look she hasn't covered.

Diana Ross: Going Back Hardcover
    by Diana Ross

Name:  goingback.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  9.8 KB

http://www.amazon.com/Diana-Ross-Goi...oss+going+back

This is a coffee table book with great color photos of some of the fashion shoots she has done with famous photographers over the years.

I may be in the minority here, but I never liked the grandness in these kinds of glamour shots. It just screams self-obsession and vanity. That's not saying Diana is self-obsessed or vain, but I just find these kind of shots to be phony.

then don't look at them!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    then don't look at them!.....
    Didn't know what they were until I looked at them! Not trying to be offensive, just stating my opinion.

duly noted and recorded!...and the photos are FABULOUS!!... photos of a STAR!.. as the late Diana Vreeland of VOGUE Magazine once said.."We don't show the 'girl next door'! If you want to see the 'girl next door', go look next door!"..LUV her!

I know most of the pictures of Diana are from the 70's, but if there is ONE picture or image that proves how fierce Diana is, it has GOT to be something from Central Park. I mean, girl, please.

"We don't show the 'girl next door'! If you want to see the 'girl next door', go look next door!"..LUV her!
    Again, nothing against Diana. The style of photography is not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I know most of the pictures of Diana are from the 70's, but if there is ONE picture or image that proves how fierce Diana is, it has GOT to be something from Central Park. I mean, girl, please.
    That's what I was thinking, too. This one just says it all.

Name:  0622WKDCARAMANICA-articleLarge.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  56.9 KB

The Diana Vreeland [[Vogue) quote referenced above is priceless---"We don't show the girl next door. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door!"----BAM! [[So, Shut The Front Door!!!)

I seem to remember somebody using that quote in reference to Michael Jackson....I think it was Quincy Jones.
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 09-17-2013 at 07:40 AM.

.. as the late Diana Vreeland of VOGUE Magazine once said.."We don't show the 'girl next door'! If you want to see the 'girl next door', go look next door!"
    Not to go wildly off-topic but photographer RICHARD AVEDON used that quote some years later as a springboard for cracking wise about model LAUREN HUTTON when he remarked:

"She's the girl next door. But she moved away."

To wit:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1cssIJCUu0...oE/s280/lh.jpg

I always thought the black and white pictures that Skrebneski took of Diana were just stunning. One was used for the cover of Diana Ross 1976 and the cover of Going Back.

The Central Park pics, the skrebneski pics and some early supremes pics like the cover of sing HDH - those are better than many of the pictures in this article - well, at least more fierce. The more glamorous posed pictures, at times, aren't my favourites.

But they are all great.

In an old interview, Ross has mentioned how much she liked Skrebneski's photos of her and greatly enjoyed their photo sessions together. Skrebneski also did the shots for Diana's BABY IT'S ME album. For many years, Skrebneski was the exclusive 'eye' of Estee Lauder ads.

Has anyone else ever looked and moved quite like Diana Ross? I don't think so. She is unique.

Richard Avedon, as far as I'm concerned, captured it all in one, single shot--her glamour, her style, her face, her body, her movements, and her spirit:

http://m.lucywho.com/p19850292/diana...arch-1973/p716

The quintessential Ross.

smark21 Guest
    Actually the girl next door, go next door quote originated with Joan Crawford in an interview she gave in 1937.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joan_Crawford

• I never go outside unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door.
      • Interview, Los Angeles Times [[1937

I'm a big fan of Miss Crawford as well. Not suprised she said something similar.

supremester Guest
    priceless quote.