[REMOVE ADS]

Great musical collaborations~~gladys, chaka, jennifer~~pow!!!

Hello Everyone,

A friend just posted this video on my Facebook page. It is soooooooo good, it made me think we could start a thread of videos of great musical collaborations. There are some great ones on youtube.

I'll begin with this one. Gladya Knight, Chaka Kahn & Jennifer Holiday. They lay it down with this one.

Please add your favorite musical collaborations, if you're so inclined.

ENJOY.

~~Mary~~

Yes! Great stuff Mary, this was from one of the Essence Awards shows.

S.S.

That was incredible. Does anyone know if they were singing in tribute to anyone in particular?

Hi S.S.. I knew it was from an Essence Awards show. Should have mentioned it in my post.

Marv2, I don't know the answer to your question and wondered the same thing when I saw the video. The song is so powerful, it makes one think they were singing it for someone specific.

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE FIVE Mary G. View Post
    Hi S.S.. I knew it was from an Essence Awards show. Should have mentioned it in my post.

Marv2, I don't know the answer to your question and wondered the same thing when I saw the video. The song is so powerful, it makes one think they were singing it for someone specific.

~~Mary~~
    Hi Mary.

They were performing for a group of mothers who lost their children to violence. Each of the mothers came onstage and told their story. One of the mothers had lost all three of her sons. It was a very powerful moment. After that, Gladys, Chaka, and Jennifer came out to perform. The mothers can be seen at 0:37, 0:49, 02:33, and other various times during the performance.

Gladys also recorded SOMETHING BLUE on her AT LAST album, in tribute to her recently-deceased son Jimmy.
    Last edited by reese; 09-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thank you, Reese!!

No wonder the performance was so moving!!

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Hi Mary.

They were performing for a group of mothers who lost their children to violence. Each of the mothers came onstage and told their story. One of the mothers had lost all three of her sons. It was a very powerful moment. After that, Gladys, Chaka, and Jennifer came out to perform. The mothers can be seen at 0:37, 0:49, 02:33, and other various times during the performance.

Gladys also recorded SOMETHING BLUE on her AT LAST album, in tribute to her recently-deceased son Jimmy.
    Thank you Reese!