[REMOVE ADS]

Teegarden and Van Winkle on "Tube Works" Detroit 1970

Now this is a rare clip!

I've always admired Skip Knape's ability to pedal an organ. Whenever you listen to Bob Seger's "Smokin' O.P's" LP, that's Skip doing the bass lines on his organ. Check the 2:40 part of the video above to see what I mean.....

When these talented guys first hit town, I remember coming into Tera Shirma one morning and there was a pick up truck parked at the back entrance to the studio with musical equipment in the back. It was their truck and they had stopped at the studio to book some recording time. They didn't waste much time getting known around Detroit.

The cut above is taken from their second lp, "But Anyhow", and an adaptation of a Jimmy McGriff song, "Talkin' About My Ole Bitch". They were by far a better live act than recorded, but if you can find the lp mentioned above, their slow blues take on "Bright Lights, Big City" is a knockout.