[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Love the board. When slide pots became popular in the mid 90's, I absolutely hated them.

In answer to the question about the automation system, I believe they collected songs from a number of different sources and committed them to tape because 1) they didn't control all the records themselves and 2) to maintain consistant quality. You don't get cue marks on a piece of tape like you do a 45 or lp.

If my memory is correct, Art Vuolo had a hand in programming W-4 in the oldies format. ARt was very heavy into programming back then, and had a broadcast quality studio set up in his bedroom in Ypsi.

The station didn't last in that format for long, flipping in 1971 to a modified AOR, with....I believe....Ira J. Lipson [[after a long stint overnights as Ira J. Cook on WHFI) as Program Director. It is my understanding that Stu worked for W-4 about the time of the switch from AOR to Country in early 1981.
    Last edited by Doug-Morgan; 09-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Love the board. When slide pots became popular in the mid 90's, I absolutely hated them.

In answer to the question about the automation system, I believe they collected songs from a number of different sources and committed them to tape because 1) they didn't control all the records themselves and 2) to maintain consistant quality. You don't get cue marks on a piece of tape like you do a 45 or lp.

If my memory is correct, Art Vuolo had a hand in programming W-4 in the oldies format. ARt was very heavy into programming back then, and had a broadcast quality studio set up in his bedroom in Ypsi.

The station didn't last in that format for long, flipping in 1971 to a modified AOR, with....I believe....Ira J. Lipson [[after a long stint overnights as Ira J. Cook on WHFI) as Program Director. It is my understanding that Stu worked for W-4 about the time of the switch from AOR to Country in early 1981.
    Doug you are correct about Art Vuolo.