[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'd like to know what will be included in the Marvin box..."complete" seems to be such a relative term with these though! Will b-sides and other rarities be included?

Quote Originally Posted by marymary View Post
    I'd like to know what will be included in the Marvin box..."complete" seems to be such a relative term with these though! Will b-sides and other rarities be included?
    I do not believe there will be anything other than the original albums. I have the Jackson 5s complete box set and there is no added bonus. I do love it because I only had a couple of their albums on cd so this completed my collection. I do have every Diana Ross cd already including Ross 78 and BIM. But I can not resist buying this package just for the packaging.

Yes, I would also expect that these would just be repackaged cds that were already issued. Warner & Sony have been doing this for years - after an artist's individual album cds have slowed in sales, they release a budget box containing several or all of that artist's works. They can do this at a cheap price because they use the already-existing masters from the previously-issued cds. I've bought several of these boxes from Warner and Sony, usually at a price which works out to about £2 per disc.

Sometimes the cds in these boxes do have bonus tracks, if those bonus tracks were already on the individually-issued cds. But of course in that case these bonus tracks are not new.

I've pre-ordered the Diana Ross box, as there should be a few in there that I don't already have [[BIM, Ross 78, Diana TV Special, Live at Caesar's Palace).

I wish somebody would make a Temptations one! I might pick up the Marvin Gaye and J5 ones. The Diana Ross one does not interest me cause I'm not a fan of hers or The Supremes.

Is there any update on the 23 disc Diana Ross set scheduled for this month? Have competitive prices been posted on any web sites?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Is there any update on the 23 disc Diana Ross set scheduled for this month? Have competitive prices been posted on any web sites?
    Import Cds had it listed for $106.00 for the last few months. Now they don't even have it listed anymore. I doubt its still being released this month.

I bought my copy of the J5's Complete Motown Album CD box set from Amazon [[U.S.) several months ago, but I haven't had a chance to play it. [[Why did I buy it when I already have all of these albums on CD? Because I figured that, as a Motown completest, I should have it in my collection. Pure and simple. I'm not gonna continue with any of the other titles in this series, however. It's overkill, and I really can't afford it, especially when I already have a 12-inch-high pile of new CD's waiting to be played for the first time. It seems pretty redundant to duplicate any further. One reviewer gave the J5's Complete Motown Album CD collection a lousy review for the overall mixes. Here's the U.S. Amazon link which should help to answer at least some of your questions.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Motow...own+albums+cds

I hope this helps. - Gary

I also bought the Jackson 5 Compete Motown Collection. I got it from Import Cds at a really good price. I really haven't
    played all the cds but do like it. I didn't have all their cds so this completed my collection. However I do have all Diana's cds but was still going to buy the complete Motown just because I have to have everything Diana..LOL

I also doubt that the Diana Ross box will be out on 14 October, as Amazon usually shows the cover art and information about the contents a couple of weeks before release. But I see on HMV Japan that many Diana Ross titles - including long out-of-print ones like the "Diana!" TV special - are scheduled for individual release on 3 December, and my past experience is that the release dates of HMV Japan are reliable. I think the release of the individual cds is probably linked to the box set and we'll see it released before the end of this year.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_%E3%8..._Diana_6025644
    Last edited by calvin; 10-04-2014 at 06:56 AM.

These Japanese releases include Baby It's Me and Ross [[78) once again. Universal US are really sleeping on getting the expanded editions out, most people will aready have either the Japanese or French editions of BIM/Ross if the expanded editions eventually do come out which will mean less sales for them...

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    These Japanese releases include Baby It's Me and Ross [[78) once again. Universal US are really sleeping on getting the expanded editions out, most people will aready have either the Japanese or French editions of BIM/Ross if the expanded editions eventually do come out which will mean less sales for them...
    I'd like to see the album art for these boxes. The J5 one was simply gorgeous [[the exterior box I mean). As for BIM...it IS on the way per Andy. We don't have a release date as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'd like to see the album art for these boxes. The J5 one was simply gorgeous [[the exterior box I mean). As for BIM...it IS on the way per Andy. We don't have a release date as of yet.
    Seems like we have been waiting forever or BIM. I have it on cd but have been dying to get an expanded edition. I hope it's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    I have both BIM & R78 on CD but when Hip-O releases expanded versions of BIT [[and hopefully R78) I will definitely be purchasing them!

Yes Ross 78 sounds like it would be the best expanded with all the talk of unreleased material. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Amazon UK no longer lists release dates for the Ross and Gaye boxsets!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Amazon UK no longer lists release dates for the Ross and Gaye boxsets!
    Does that mean the sets are now available since no "available" date is posted? By the way, the date on Amazon.com is also gone.

My hunch is they will not be released!

I pre-ordered the Diana Ross set back in March from Amazon.co.uk - haven't heard a word from them but the order now says "expected to ship on October 24". My guess is I will receive an e-mail after that date, telling me that they don't know when they will have this item in stock...

Import CD doesn't even list it anymore? It probably has been cancelled. I was really looking forward to the Diana Ross one. I have all her cds but I was going more for the packaging.

I actually canceled my order for the Diana set a while back. There seemed to be so many ups and downs and lack of information about this product, I was uncomfortable leaving an open order on the books. Of course, if it really turns out to be authentic, I can always reorder.

Once again, I remain amazed that Motown Universal, et.al., does not have a website that keeps fans and other customers appraised of current and upcoming releases. This is a very strange business model in this day and age of the Internet.

I hate to say it, but it seems they really don't care. It's unfortunate that good guys like Andy, George, and Harry* have to keep reassuring us that product is actually coming. I feel badly that they are caught in the middle.

*Speaking of Harry, I haven't seen anything posted from him or mention made of him for quite some time. I hope that he is healthy and well.

Amazon now says: "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available."

Another Universal Motown disappointment... As Arsinio used to say, "Things that make you say Hmmmmmmm......"

1. Once again, why is there no "official" Motown website that provides authentic updates regarding new and upcoming releases?

2. Is Harry still with the organization? Just wondering...

AMAZON Complete Motown Album Collection Import
    Diana Ross Format: Audio CD
    Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.