|By gjamieson (184.108.40.206) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:21 pm:|
I am currently putting together a CD entitled "The Reflections: The Golden World Collection 1963-1966" for interested fans and collectors. Obviously and unfortunately, this won't be from master tapes (both Bernie and Tony Micale from the current Larados/Reflections have confirmed with me that they themselves have no access to the masters--Motown/UMG has told them that they have "no business" with them any longer), but with lots of help have come up with clean 45's and a VG+ copy of the LP. I'm in the mastering stages now, and should have the CD ready in the next month. The interested can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. I am NOT looking to make a profit on this project. I am just another collector that has wanted to have my hands on this material for many years.
1. Helpless (demo recording)
2. (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet (Golden World #8, charted #6 pop)
3. Canít You Tell By The Look In My Eyes (b-side of GW #8)
4. Like Columbus Did (GW #12, charted #96 pop)
5. Lonely Girl (b-side of GW #12)
6. Talkiní About My Girl (GW #15)
7. Oowee Now Now (b-side of GW $#15)
8. (Iím Just) A Henpecked Guy (GW #16)
9. Donít Do That To Me (b-side of GW #16)
10. Shabby Little Hut (GW #19)
11. Youíre My Baby (b-side of GW #19)
12. On Broadway (from GW LPM-300, Just Like Romeo and Juliet)
13. Gonna Turn The Place Out (from GW LPM-300)
14. Couldnít Make It Like That (from GW LPM-300)
15. Poor Manís Son (GW #20, charted #55 pop)
16. Cominí At You (b-side of GW #20)
17. Deborah Ann (GW #22)
18. Wheeliní And Dealiní (b-side of GW #22)
19. Out Of The Picture (GW #24)
20. June Bride (b-side of GW #24)
21. Girl In The Candy Store (GW #29)
22. Your Kind Of Love (b-side of GW #29)
23. (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet (1996 stereo mix by Steve Massie)
24. (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet (2001 stereo mix by Tom Daly)
All tracks mono except #23 and #24
A Twirl Archive Production
|By Sue (220.127.116.11) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:30 pm:|
"Motown/UMG has told them that they have "no business" with them any longer" -- what do you mean? Who has the master tapes?
|By thecount (18.104.22.168) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:33 pm:|
HEY MAN,thats kool.Just last year I put together for myself an all "REFLECTIONS" cd and had to do the same,take all the 45's and lp to burn onto the cd.It looks like you got them all pretty well covered.Good luck in your project.
As soon as I'am done with a guitar and motorcycle paint project I'am doing,(a strato-glide)
I'am going to put together a all "GOLDEN WORLD" cd's.Some day I hope to put everything I've got onto cd's.If I live long enough.It took close to 6ix years just to put it all on cassettes.
|By RandallStephens (22.214.171.124) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 04:20 pm:|
Motown/UMG has the master tapes...they just refuse to release them. Even the members of the current Reflections have put pressure on them to release the recordings. Instead they worry that we have 3000 different CD's of "Baby Love" instead.