PDA

View Full Version : time for ivy jo hunter and blackberries albums?

test

tamla617
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
as mentioned in the com 4 track notes for the blackberries "kidnapped"."there is a whole lp master in the vault crying out to be released"
i've also seen a track list of the aborted ivy jo album aswell on motowntreasures
what i want to now is.......... what are the chances of these 2 albums seeing the light of day?
iy jo's track list
1 i remember when
2 i'd still love you
3 the loving country
4 ask the lonely
5 let somebody love me
6 dancing in the street
7 you are the one
8 pride,foolish pride
9 seek and you shall find
10 sorry is a sorry word
11 i can feel the pain

booty
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Tracks for the unreleased Blackberries album. Nine tracks including a 7.39 version of "Love Child"!

01 Somebody Up There
02 Kidnapped
03 Love
04 Can You Feel It Babe
05 Hey Little Girl [[Do You Want Some Candy?)
06 I Found A Friend
07 But I Love You More
08 Let's Get Married
09 Love Child

honest man
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
would love ivy jo on cd, but i would die for the spinners anthology [unissued motown]and fantastic 4 anthology[unissued]as well as monitors.please god, cheers

theboyfromxtown
09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Honest

I think you might need to SHOUT....

honest man
09-03-2010, 06:12 PM
john aghh.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... is that ok cheers fella

RossHolloway
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
do we know of a time frame of when these two albums were recorded?

sbpg636999
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
You might have no need to SHOUT, but get REEL....

blueskies
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Bring on the Blackberries.....got my credit card in hand!

pj1
09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Has Paul Williams officially announced the Reel release that will follow Blinky? I thought it might well be 'We're the Monitors' with a few bonus tracks.

gordy_hunk
09-04-2010, 03:24 AM
is that the Monitors material that was issued on the Marginal label?

Kamasu_Jr
09-04-2010, 09:38 AM
is that the Monitors material that was issued on the Marginal label?
Yes it is or it would be. That Monitors disc on Marginal has served me well. I still spin it, but would welcome A Monitors Anthology.

marymary
09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Was Ivy's version of "Truly Yours" ever meant to be released or was it just a demo? His version that's on Motown Sings Motown Treasures is one of my favorites.

big_mac
09-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Ivy Joe and the Blackberies would certainly be a welcome addition on my CD shelves, but I would have to go for anthology releases on The Monitors, The Fantastic Four, The Spinners and The Originals if there was any choice in the matter. These groups are crying-out for quality produced releases, but hey, if it has to be Ivy Joe and the Blackberries, bring them on!

motown_david
09-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I received an email from Sherlie Matthews a couple of days ago and she is more than delighted that "Kidnapped" ahs been released on CD at long last.
She also wrote, "The Blackberries recorded 8 songs for the album that this was supposed to be part of...maybe they'll be released, too!"

Seems that some "Reel" effort should be put into getting this unreleased album onto CD and I think Sherlie would be up for an interview and share her memories of her time iwith Motown for the liner notes....

dickiemint
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I would buy releases from all of the above, what happened to the UK Spectrum lable that released the 'essential' collections on Tammi, Velvelettes and other lesser known Motown Artists, why don't they pick up on the Monitors and the others mentioned in this thread.
Kamasu, the marginal Monitors Cd wasn't it a 2 artist Cd with the Elgins? can you post the track list please

pj1
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0009A10QE/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1
The official Elgins Anthology which includes the stereo "Darling Baby" album blows the marginal set out of the water.

honest man
09-06-2010, 05:05 AM
also a marv johnson motown anthology is screaming to be released ,i bet ,cheers

keith_hughes
09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not too sure that a useable tape of the Blackberries' album has ever been located. Last I heard, there were bits and bobs floating about - parts of an album, you might say, but not necessarily the full Monty. Or indeed, the full Sherlie.

Just hate to see anybody's expectations raised too high. But then again, with Motown you never know what will turn up ...

copley
09-07-2010, 06:23 AM
I would buy releases from all of the above, what happened to the UK Spectrum lable that released the 'essential' collections on Tammi, Velvelettes and other lesser known Motown Artists, why don't they pick up on the Monitors and the others mentioned in this thread.
Kamasu, the marginal Monitors Cd wasn't it a 2 artist Cd with the Elgins? can you post the track list please Here's the cover for you

robb_k
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
That Monitors' CD was missing several unreleased Monitors' and Majestics' cuts that are now known in The Vaults [[including some already released on COM.

copley
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
That Monitors CD is of course a bootleg. It's certainly time for a release of the real mccoy.