PDA

View Full Version : Must read........The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party.

test

jonc
08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=1

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer

soulster
08-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I've known that since day one. The wealthy have always used the average citizens to do their dirty work for them, and the people who vote for republicans and these tea-baggers are too stupid to figure out that their best interests aren't being served. Blinded by ideology. And, the tea-baggers are such sluts, they'll ignore this fact and continue to portray themselves as some sort of grass roots movement. C'mon! Faux news isn't some public access channel!

jonc
08-29-2010, 03:51 PM
I've known that since day one. The wealthy have always used the average citizens to do their dirty work for them, and the people who vote for republicans and these tea-baggers are too stupid to figure out that their best interests aren't being served. Blinded by ideology. And, the tea-baggers are such sluts, they'll ignore this fact and continue to portray themselves as some sort of grass roots movement. C'mon! Faux news isn't some public access channel!

FAUX News is the biggest Tea Party promoter on the planet and owner Rupert Murdoch donated a million dollars to the Republican Governors' Association last week. Murdoch also gives the GOP and Tea Party a daily platform for promoting their agenda on FAUX News. "Fair and Balanced" my ass. Fox news is biased and very un-American IMHO.

A Saudi Prince owns the fourth largest stake in News Corp the parent company of Fox News. This makes him the largest shareholder outside the family of Rupert Murdoch. Bet few in the Tea Part know that little tit-bit of information.

soulster
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
FAUX News is the biggest Tea Party promoter on the planet and owner Rupert Murdoch donated a million dollars to the Republican Governors' Association last week. Murdoch also gives the GOP and Tea Party a daily platform for promoting their agenda on FAUX News. "Fair and Balanced" my ass. Fox news is biased and very un-American IMHO.

But, you can't tell the millions of their viewers that. They are so brainwashed that they think Faux is in the middle.

A Saudi Prince owns the fourth largest stake in News Corp the parent company of Fox News. This makes him the largest shareholder outside the family of Rupert Murdoch. Bet few in the Tea Part know that little tit-bit of information.

And, they don't pay attention because the talking goos at Faux keep them immersed in social politics and hatred of liberals and Obama.

ladyvanaye
08-30-2010, 12:48 AM
So what is the suggestion towards stopping them or 'infiltrating' their camp? We can talk about it all day , but how do you stop this madness? :[[

soulster
08-30-2010, 03:25 AM
So what is the suggestion towards stopping them or 'infiltrating' their camp? We can talk about it all day , but how do you stop this madness? :[[

At one point I thought maybe Michael Steele was trying to sabotage the party from within, but he sounds like he's serious about being a, or supporting the tea-baggers.

StuBass1
08-30-2010, 07:53 PM
It's true that billionaires heavily fund most political movements...right and left. On the far left you have George Soros who is probably the most prolific funder of causes he supports across the political spectrum, along with the likes of David Geffin and many of Hollywoods elite. The far right h as also had benefactors like the Hunt family and numerous others. I fail to see a dychotomy here as to rich people funding their favorite causes, both political and humanitarian.

timmyfunk
08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't see any billionaires funding protests from the left. Throughout the entire Bush Administration, all of the protests toward the War In Iraq were not funded by billionaires. They were grass roots protests straight from the ground up. Tea party protests need to be called out for what they truly are: bullshit spread over Astro-turf.

StuBass1
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Timmy...you may want to investigate George Soros, who pledged his entire 12 Billion dollar fortune to defeat Bush in 2004. He funded the entire Media Matters website and other too numerous to mention left wing projects, and he's far from the only one. Billionaires from both ends of the political fabric fund this stuff, and I would 't be surprised if it came more from the left. I don't see anything unusual as relates to the topic of this thread. I suppose the appropriatness of these fundingsx largely depends if you agree with the philosopy of the funder.

timmyfunk
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
There is a difference between funding left or right wing causes and funding protests. None of the protests against Bush-era policies were bankrolled by billionaires. And no, more donations definitely come from the right, including significant contributions to Republikkkan organizations by Rupert Murdoch. You can't find anything like that on the left. The head of NBC/Universal hasn't [[at least to my knowledge) contributed any money to any grass roots organization that protested the policies of the Bush Administration.

StuBass1
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Jeff Immelt [[NBC/General Electric) doesn't have near the personal bling as Soros, Geffin, and most of the left AND right monitary bigwigs we're speaking about here...but billionaires from both far camps let their money do their talking. I suppose when you talk "grass roots" you're referring to those who have the time to make signs and show up like th ose so called Tea Partiers and the war protesters [[funded largely by cash cow labor groups AND the Soros's of the world. I also think that a majority of the big money players are from the left in this day and age...including major money from Hollywood elite.

timmyfunk
08-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Show me evidence of billionaires funding grass roots protests during the Bush era. And then show me how many Tea Partiers actually know who funds their protests. Those same people haven't a clue as to how the people who fund these protests work against their own self interests. The protests from the left are usually made up of a conjunction of grass roots organizations, unlike the right, who are supported by conservative billionaires who could give a rats ass about the Tea Party, the Birthers, or anyone else that defines the right. Let's see what left wing billionaires [[do they even exist?) funded the gathering held by Al Sharpton. I seriously doubt if you'll any billionaires in their ranks.

StuBass1
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
It just seems to me that perhaps you are looking where you want to look in order to make a point, ignoring the financial input of wealthy leftist contributors and multi billion dollar labor unions and their influence and cash for the causes they support. Since I can truthfully say that I have never met anyone claiming to be a Tea Party member, I have no business speaking on their behalf, and the same may apply to yourself as well.

StuBass1
08-31-2010, 09:49 PM
By the way...I have no desire to attend any Tea Party NOR take part in any anti military or anti capitalist G-8 protest to trash downtowns. Neither one are really my personal cup of "tea".

timmyfunk
08-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Totally incorrect. I have examined both sides of the political spectrum with regards to this issue. There is, at least to me, no exact correlation between the left and right. The left has a much clearer idea of how their movement is funded. I've seen some individuals out where I live who are tea party supporters. I haven't engaged in any conversation with them, and I have no desire to speak with them. I know many on the left who are fully aware of how their movement is being supported. I'd be willing to bet that most tea partiers have no idea who the Koch's are and what role they play in their astro turf movement. You couldn't find that kind of ignorance on the left.

marxthespot
08-31-2010, 11:21 PM
The "controlling heads" of the Republican Party [[and their RICH benefactors) are just using the Teabaggers movement to gain control of the House & Senate in the upcoming mid-term elections. That Teabaggers are so easily persuaded through fear and by playing to their general ignorance and racist element, they are the perfect audience for the Republican "playbook." The Teabaggers will be discarded once they are no longer useful to the Repubs. A problem for the Repubs is that many of their elected offcials actually do see the danger in being associated with the Teabaggers.

StuBass1
08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
It just appears to me Timmy that your own viewpoints may strongly impact your opinions on this matter. I know plenty of really dumb people on the right AND the left...and even some dumb "moderates". I also would state that the Tea Party people may be much more problematic for the Republicans this election cycle then if they did not exist as such. Some moderate Republicans, like Criss in Florida will run as Independents, and some far right conservatives will likely do the same which will split their party giving the Democrats a better chance in the voting where just one Republican would likely take down the Democrat much easier in this Anti Washington election year. Establishment Republicans want little to do with the Tea Party people. Just ask Murkowski in Alaska, McCollum in Florida, the defeated ZRepublican who had a much better chance against Harry Reid in Nevada,and several others.

timmyfunk
09-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I can say the same about your viewpoints, and yet I still feel that your observations about my viewpoints are still incorrect. Overall there is still deafening silence from the GOP with regards to the offensive aspects of the Tea Party. Those who are opposed to those same elements don't speak nearly as loud as, for example, Michelle Bachmann and other republikkkan wing nuts. Again, agree to disagree.

StuBass1
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Fair enough Timmy...

I would still submit that many more mainstream Republicans are caught between a rock and that other place. If they criticize some of those Tea Party people, they risk alienating some of them at the ballot box, thus, for the reasons I stated above, will give the Democrats in many elections a huge advantage in a three person race or some just staying at home on election day.

timmyfunk
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Only time will tell.....